All my books are now available, as paperbacks
from Lulu.com - address below.
See prices on site.
AUSTRALIAN POET. Born in Nottingham, lived in Great Barr, Birmingham until the age of 13, when migrated to Australia. Lived in Adelaide, joined Royal Australian Air Force at 21 and became Instrument Fitter on Neptunes, Orions, Mirages and Winjeels. Eight years spent at bases; Edinburgh S.A., Wagga NSW, Townsville Qld., Point Cook Victoria and Williamtown, NSW.
In 1976 fulltime to Flinders University of South Australia, Bachelors degree in English and History. Medical Investigator for Dept. of Veterans Affairs, Senior Project Officer for Community Youth Support Scheme. Chairman of the Northern Yorke Peninsula Community Needs Forum, President of the Moonta Mines Narrow Gauge Railway Committee. Raised the finance for, and built tourist railway from Moonta Mines to the old Moonta Railway Station. Wrote and published a magazine for the unemployed called 'Bread'. Wrote and published monthly magazines 'Trader's Gate' and 'Central Yorke Peninsula Mercury' for three years in the late 1980's. Ran printing and publishing business Mushroom Graphics until 1990, then Cottage Print until 2005.
Father of 7, grandfather of 26, Great-grandfather of 8; until recently was Teaching English at Wenzhou Medical College, an arm of the Wenzhou University, Zhejiang Province, People's Republic of China. Now retired and living in Moonta, South Australia, an historical Cornish miners settlement. Author of the non-fiction 'Arrows from Wenzhou', a detailed account of the time spent in China.
Current books available from the author;
1. Pen & Ink, Complete Works 1968-2008; A5 format, 452pp, soft coloured cover.
2. Timepieces, the Narrative Poetry Vol. I; A5 format, 214pp, soft coloured cover.
3. At Journey's End, the Narrative Poetry Vol. II; A5 format, 258pp, soft coloured cover.
4. The Demon Horse on the Carousel - and Other Gothic Delights, A5 format, 242pp, soft coloured cover.
5. Poems of Myth & Scare, A5 format, 193pp, soft coloured cover.
6. The Devil on the Tree, A5 format, 273pp, soft coloured cover.
7. Smugglers Pie, A5 format, 101pp, soft coloured cover.
8. The Season of the Witch, A5 format, 128pp, soft coloured cover.
9. My China, 33 Poems written in and about China, A5 format, 90pp, soft coloured cover.
10. Tales from the Magi, 60 poems, A5 format, 172pp, soft coloured cover.
11. Taking Root, 62 poems, A5 format, 180pp, soft coloured cover.
12. The Red Knight, Medieval Poems, 126pp, soft coloured cover.
13. Arrows from Wenzhou, A year in China, A5 format, 376pp, soft coloured cover
14. The Storm & the Tall-Ship Pier, A5 format, 200pp, soft coloured cover.
15. The Book on the Topmost Shelf, 63 poems, A5 format, 180pp, soft coloured cover.
16. Butterflies, 64 poems, A5 format, 160pp, soft coloured cover.
All orders via Paypal.
ALL BOOKS NOW AVAILABLE AS PAPERBACKS FROM LULU.COM
Video readings on Writerscafe -
The Hand of Tong Bao Lin
The Demon Horse on the Carousel
The Scribe in the Woods of Time
The Great Eastern
The Myth Maker
The Wedding of Jenny McGill
To access and read an earlier book of mine, 'Ishtar', go to - http://www.angelfire.com/on/ishtar/index.html
TO ALL MY READERS - IF YOU'RE INTERESTED ENOUGH TO READ, PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT. ONLY 10% OF READERS ARE CURRENTLY LEAVING ANY SIGN OF THEIR PRESENCE - DAVID