1. My name is Katie, Kat, Kate, or Katherine. Never Kathy.
2. You will find me with flowers in my hair and paint on my hands.
3. I love: Jesus, my husband, art, coffee, pajamas, chapstick, the color green, forests, photography, sunshine, and people with a story.
4. In my own life, I have been telling stories almost since I exited the womb. My father used to make up stories for me before bed. Consequently, I was thrust into a world of words. I have been writing since I was 8 years old. I have come a long way, and it has taken me all my life, but I truly consider myself a creature of words.
5. I am currently a student at Trinity International University in Illinois, with a double major in English and Secondary Education. It's a long way from my home near Seattle.
6. I am delightfully in love with a man named Joseph, and plan on being so for the rest of my life. We were married in June 2011. We're pretty awesome together.
7. I am generally a very open person. If this bio didn't satisfy you, you're welcome to ask me anything.
and as a final note...
"The artist has one function--to affirm and glorify life."
-W. Edward Brown