Geins Production presents: a Poetry Contest! $25 worth of books to the winner!! August 1, 2013 - September 1, 2013
Reading and Deliberating
I thought I should give this a try; so here I am, doing it.
1. Write a poem using the following rhyme scheme
AA BCBB DEDD CECE FEFF GCGG AA
You can use whatever meter you like. But you must abide the rhyme scheme.
2. Your poem must be written in third-person perspective. For those who have no idea what that meant, it means you can't use the pronouns I, me, my, myself, you, your, yours.
3. The poem could be about anything but erotica.
4. Use proper grammar. That includes punctuations, consistent tense, and proper capitalization.
5. The title must consists of 7 words total and should be absurd and should not relate to the poem. (E.g. Your wrote a love poem. By abiding to the aforementioned rule, the title should be something like this: The Teddy Bear Who Climbed the Wall)
Poems will be judged using the following criteria:
Absurdity: 10 points
Grammar: 5 points
Creativity: 10 points
Presentation: 5 points
Bias: 10 points
Total of 40 possible points. Submissions that does not abide these rules will be automatically disqualified.
I will review ALL poems critically and objectively. I will NOT hold anything back.
The link below is an example of what I expect everyone's poem would look like.
Disclaimer: if there are less than 5 contestants, no winners will be announced.
$0.00, The grand winner will receive $25 worth of books from Amazon, courtesy of my own Visa. Runner ups will receive reviews from my friends.
First Runner Up
Second Runner Up
Third Runner Up
Created Aug 5, 2013