If you read Hemingway and feel you have a style similar to his, this is the contest for you.
Send your best short story in a general literary format.
Remember themes like Hemingway's Iceberg Theory, where 90% of the story is below the surface.
Read one of his short stories and mimic it. Brief Happy life of Francis Macomber is great. Or any of the Nick Adams Stories.
Please don't send me a rant, or word vomit. I have a B.A. in creative writing and If you'd like I can send you a revision and I'll allow you to edit and send me back a final piece. Just no journal entries. That's not what this is about.
Created May 11, 2011
- Any WritersCafe.org Member can Submit
- Only Stories can be Submitted
- Only these Genres Can be Submitted:
- Literary Fiction
- Each Contestant May Submit 2 Pieces of Writing
- Writing may be submitted 5/11/2011 - 5/18/2011
- Winners will be decided by the Moderator
Matthew Joseph Epperson is solely responsible for the content of this contest, including all promised prizes. Take any promises of large monetary awards with a grain of salt. Contact Matthew Joseph Epperson if you have any further questions.