One Act Play Competition November 25, 2009 - February 28, 2010
Reading and Deliberating
- Approx 10 minutes
- Simple scene structure
- Simple set requirements
- No limit to language or profanity (no nudity)
- Plot: Does the play tell an interesting, well-developed story? Do events lead to a plausible, satisfying climax? Is the reason for the conflict clear?
- Characters: Are they real, engaging and worth the audiences time? Do they grow or change in believable ways?
- Theme: Is it universal? Does it motivate or involve all the characters?
- Style: Does the style of the play fit the ideas you want to get across? Is it built around a gimmick and nothing else? Does it work? (Our audiences rarely appreciate explicit sex and/or excessive use of profanity without just cause.)
- Economy of Production: Is the cast workable? How many scenes or sets? How long will it run?
Possible performance in the Pioneer Player's upcoming One Act Festival at the University of Wisconsin - Platteville and (assuming play has never been performed) a paid for entry into America's Longest Running One Act Competition in Dubuque Iowa
Outstanding One Act Play
Created Nov 25, 2009