Parasite Publications First Annual Character Contest August 1, 2013 - November 30, 2013
Reading and Deliberating
Parasite Publications is holding its First Annual Character Contest. We are looking for intense, mind-blowing character fiction in the form of a short story.
3 Cash Awards, $500 for 3rd place, $750 for 2nd and $1000 for 1st.
1. Authors must submit Original Content without Copyright restrictions.
2. Submissions must be between 2000 and 5000 words in length.
3. Stories must be Character Fiction in Fantasy and/or Science Fiction genres.
4. Send all submissions to ParasiteSubmissions@gmail.com by November 30, 2013.
1. Judgment will be a collaborative effort of the Parasite Publications Character Aficionado and Mega-Cool Story Judgment Team.
2. Judges will look at Character, Tension and Cohesion.
3. The Parasite Publications Character Aficionado and Mega-Cool Story Judgment Team is not your typical writing world "elite" but rather made up of a conglomeration of everyday readers who will be judging these works through the eyes of the intended audience.
What the Judges Are Looking At
Each story will be judged on three major points:
Character - Is the character one you have fallen in love with? Is it fleshed out? Are you dying to know more about this character? Is there a clearly defined character?
Tension - Is the story gripping? Did it suck you right in and make you wish it was longer? Would you recommend this to a friend?
Cohesion - Did the story have a beginning, middle and end? Did it make sense? Was it a clear story or just random bits and pieces?
1. Winners are responsible for all applicable taxes associated with the receipt of the prize
(prizes are not transferable and may not be exchanged).
2. No purchase necessary. Contest is void where prohibited. Contest is subject to all
applicable federal, state, local laws and regulations.
3. Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible contestants participating during
the Contest Period and the quality of stories submitted in the given time frame.
4. By participating in the Contest, the winner or winners
agree to have their name, information, or likeness used in any advertising or broadcasting material relating to this
Contest, in any media now known or hereafter devised for advertising or promotional
purposes without additional compensation, and must sign a publicity release prior to
acceptance of the prize. By entering this Contest, each participant agrees to comply
with these Official Contest Rules and the decisions of
Parasite Publications Character Aficionado and Mega-Cool Story Judgment team, which shall be final and binding in all aspects relating to the Contest.
5. Parasite Publications retains the right to disqualify any contestant if all
Contest rules are not followed.
6. Winning a prize does not guarantee publication of the winning entries, however, Parasite Publications retains the right to publish the winning entries if so desired.
Created Aug 7, 2013