Sunsets and Silhouette Dreams January 16, 2009 - December 31, 2009
Reading and Deliberating
Are you up for the challenge?
"And I'll be here by the ocean
Just waiting for proof that there's sunsets and silhouette dreams
All my sand castles fall like the ashes of cigarettes
And every waves drags me to sea
I could stand here for hours
Just to ask God the question, "Is everyone here make-believe?"
With a tear in His voice, He said, "Son, that's the question.
Does this deafening silence mean nothing to no one but me?"
One of my favorite songs. It made me cry the first time I heard it, and it can still occasionally make me tear up.
What I want is for you to write a story using one of these prompts:
1) A blind or deaf student who wants to go to public school and ends up falling in love.
2) A drag queen who just wants to be accepted for who she is, and ends up falling in love in her quest to change her high school.
3) A girl who is madly in love with her boyfriend. They have been together for nearly five years, and have been friends all their life. They are the epitome of the perfect couple, and everyone expects them to be together forever. But then everything goes crashing down when she finds out he's in love...with a guy.
4) A guardian angel who falls in love with the human they're watching over, though the love is forbidden.
5) A boy who is absolutely terrified of heights is forced to go the amusement park with his best friends. He's forced to ride one of the scariest rides of his life, but luckily, the boy who sits next to him on the ride makes the terrifying experience worth it.
6) An artist/writer who cannot find the inspiration or drive to continue doing what has meant the most to them their entire life. Find them a reason for them to continue.
7) A gay teen who works as a dancer at a gay dance club/bar runs into some trouble one day. Who will save him?
8) A teen who lost their memory in a terrible accident. How will they remember? And who's gonna help him/her remember?
9) Blind dates usually end up terribly, especially when they're planned by your best friends. Right???
10) A teen who thinks he/she met the love of their life on the internet. When they finally meet, things go absolutely horrible.
11) A teen who has to pick between their reputation and popularity...or the person who might be the love of their life. Which will he/she pick?
$0.00, The chance to write something out of your comfort zone
Most laugh-out-loud moments
Most compelling characters
Most compelling plot
Most honest and unforgettable
Created Jan 16, 2009