Writer Cafe's Next Top Writer March 27, 2012 - March 30, 2012
14th Edition of WCNTW.
The 10 finalists are voted upon, so please follow vote for the best. You are the panel of judges and with this honor comes the responsibility.
I am now accepting short stories as well though poems will still be primary.
Ongoing contest with rankings, enter a poem every 1-2 days. Minimum 35 submissions.
Submit a poem now while it's early, it might get hard to score in a month if contestants grow as I predict.
What kind of poems will rank?
- original explorations of common themes
- bonus points for erotic or spiritual verse
- a good vocabulary
- unexpected endings
- rhyming or decent haiku
- self-important and highly stylized verse
- it must be readable, not too long
- clear, melodic and lyrical
- not too emo or brooding to the point of sounding immature
- bonus points for nature poetry
- bonus points for social-activism themes
* Do please avoid putting a poem you already put into the rankings.
* Do please avoid signing your name, this is very distracting and is not fair to the anonymity of the contest.
oh and thanks!
Created Mar 27, 2012