Write Your Heart : Forum : inspire me!

inspire me!

9 Years Ago

Anything i should write about or you think someone, anyone should write about goes here! Xoxox

Re: inspire me!

6 Years Ago

“Fear is negotiable…memories are not.  I have been told to come here, you might have a place for me.  So much time has passed since I have rested.  Memories created from past times will not let me escape the reality of the present.  Clouds of confusion and slivers of doubt prevent me from an unbiased examination of my past.  My memories mock my self-worth.   It is these memories that evoke visions that my mind finds painful and my soul unforgiving.  Still, these memories must be allowed to surface and be examined or the past will have been of no consequence.  Tears are no longer the measure of pain held in the heart.  It is sleep I crave, yet once upon me the blackness of my past envelops me, threatening my very existence. My heart and soul pray that my past actions will not destroy the man you see before you.  I stand exposed for all to judge.  I fear that to examine my self-worth would further diminish my spirit.   I make no apology now nor do I ask for forgiveness.  I am a man responsible to my conscience and free will.  If it is true that your bed will allow the body to rest, the mind to heal and the soul to regain a sense of worth, it is with a joyful heart I would rest on your bed.  For so long I have wanted to come here and lie in the bed of true life.  Peace will be upon me and my soul will feel the warmth of your bed and love.  I sleep.   I had been in the Nam for approximately fifty hours.  I thought of the three hundred and sixty-three days remaining.   I vomited.

I am not sure that this falls under "inspire" but I hope that it will make people from my generation to think.

Clips