A B N A Vets : Forum : Is anyone entering the 2009 AB..

Is anyone entering the 2009 ABNA contest?

15 Years Ago

I've got a new MS--I think I might take a second whack at the contest if the agent who requested a partial doesn't pick it up. Just wondering if anyone else out there was going to give it a whirl again.

[no subject]

15 Years Ago

I just got the notification...I'm thinking about it, but it depends on if I get my latest done on time.  I was also thinking about entering the Vicious Writers contest...looks like I'll have to choose.

Mel

[no subject]

15 Years Ago

I found the last ABNA to be a very bad experience. I was extremely disappointed when I found out that the round of 1000 only had 850 selections because they didn't bother to read all the entries. There's no guarentee that every book was given a fair shot ... and this is just a scam to get people to register their books with Amazon's self publishing tool. If I'm going to self publish, there are a ton of better sites to work with. So I passed on the new ABNA. Wasn't worth the effort.

[no subject]

15 Years Ago

Well, I entered, although, I'll admit, the odds are astronomical. This year, they've opened it up to 10,000 entries (whew!), and will cut it to 2,000 based on the 'pitch' alone.  The 2000 will then have their excerpts read, and they'll cut it from there to 500.  If I make the first cut, I'll let you know.  I'm not holding my breath, though!

Jeanie