A Melancholy Musical : Forum : Welcome! (And a curious questi..

Welcome! (And a curious question :p)

11 Years Ago

Welcome! Post anything, and if you get reviewed alot, please try to review other people's work so it evens out. :)
Okay, kind of curious, which means more, to more people:
Writing (whatever your heart desires) or Listening to music (Whatever songs artists or albums your heart desires)?

Re: Welcome! (And a curious question :p)

11 Years Ago

I would say listening to music. I'm not very creative and I draw what little inspiration I have from other music and lyrics, it's what fuels me to actually even bother with things. Writing is substantial but not as significant as the feeling that you're flirting with the thoughts of the singer of whatever song you're listening to, and for me it's a lot more important to listen and then use what you've heard to channel your own thoughts better.
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
_

11 Years Ago

well to me music is my life i can never live without however the words that go alongside the music that have been beautifully written are my story and everyone else's as well. :D

11 Years Ago

music

There is no question. My boyfriend gets super peeved because i have background tunes to my life. There realy is no other escape for me. So I choose music, and btw, what exactly is that melancholy stuff about? It doesn't really SEEM like something I would be into

11 Years Ago

The music part did :p

11 Years Ago

hmmmmm.....This one is a tuffy....can I not choose both? I find that when I listen to music my writing is better. I'm inspired by both. I am like the ocean, my writings are the tide, and music is my moon. I cannot be an ocean without the tide, yet I can have no tide without the moon. Oh goodness, this is a hard question answer!

11 Years Ago

Lol, I so prefer music...

I don't know if I'm the only one who does this, but whenever I listen to music, I go poof into my own imaginary world and start fantasizing. Okay yeah now I feel stupid. XD
But it is true..Music is where I can escape reality and all that.
Writing however, can do that too as I immerse myself in the dimensions that I created. But I say music is more "funner" way of going into the world of imagination. Also, who wouldn't love a few sweet beats to get one movin? XDDD

11 Years Ago

Time be different. If I had to choose between th two, I'd choose writing. Really, both writing and music are the drugs that I live by, but when I listen to music my mind goes numb and I am completely relaxed and at peace, genuinely happy. Music is the drug I buy off the street because it distracts me from my problems. Writing is the drug I buy from a pharmacy because it is my therapy and my cure. I get lost in my fantasy lands and I am distracted from my problems, but not so much that I can't deal with them. Instead, I write them out, get them off my chest, and they don't harm me nearly as much anymore. I couldn't live without my writing.

11 Years Ago

For me, I prefer music.  I get my inspiration from there.  I've always been having a complex relationship with writing. I could never get the right flow for it

11 Years Ago

Hey I am kas
 hey everyone.
^-^

I couldn't pick between music or writing, they go hand in hand for me.

11 Years Ago

Writting. It clears my head, and I can put out my feelings and not have to keep them bottled up.

11 Years Ago

I would have to say music.  Just because even if I couldn't write, I could tell stories to myself like I did when I was too young to know how to write.

However, if I couldn't sing, play any of my instruments, or listen to music....I feel like I would die.