Anime Fantasy : Forum : Writing to Reality?

[reply] [quote]

Writing to Reality?

14 Years Ago

I thought this might be a good place to ask this question. 

Has anyone ever tried make any kind of actual Anime/Manga?  Not professionally I mean, but just a sort of independent thing, maybe on their own website or posted on a portal site somewhere?  Newgrounds.com use to have some decent anime-style flash cartoons a few years ago (though I think that site is out of control these days). 

I've been working on a series for several years now, but I've never been able to find any willing talent or creative partners that will stick around long enough to complete anything.  I've even become pretty handy at flash and photoshop, but my minimal artistic talent keeps me from striving on by myself.  I have several episodes/issues fully scripted, and an outline filling out 3 seasons worth of content, not to mention all the background, history and other related writings based on this same setting and characters.  But I've yet to get anywhere past the concept art phase. 

Has anyone out there even attempted something similar?  Any success?  Any common roadblocks encountered?  I love writing, but I would love even more to be able to see my story played out in a visual medium someday.  Anyone else in the same boat?
[reply] [quote]

Re: Writing to Reality?

13 Years Ago

So, you're animating your story with flash, is that right? What is the kind of help you're looking for. It sounds to me you have a lot to work with as far as story. Do you need help using flash or something? As far as my own personal experience, I write alone. I write novels. I've got a few stories that are series of short stories combined. Episodes, I guess. There was one time I was working on a comic. I still want to, but I'm heavy into writing novels, and frankly I'm a lazy drawer. Comics talk a while. Haha! I'm sure at some point I'll pick it back up. But yeah, since I joined this group, I'm an anime/manga fan, and all my stories are influenced by anime/manga.