Book Discussions : Forum : "Dracula" by Bram Stoker

"Dracula" by Bram Stoker

9 Years Ago

I KNOW I'm not the only one who's read this one. Later, I will post my review of it here, and talk about why I love my favorite parts so much. What do you all think about this book?

Re: "Dracula" by Bram Stoker

9 Years Ago

I first read Bram Stoker's Dracula in college.  Anne Rice had become popular then with  Interview with a Vampire  and I had seen the Christopher Lee's portrayal of the famous Count but I wanted a foundation to compare the newest vampire tales with the original Stoker novel.  Since then I have reread Dracula by Stoker and am always amazed by the imagery and fright that oozes out of the pages.  My favorite passage is “Though sympathy alone can't alter facts, it can help to make them more bearable.”       When I purchased my Kindle Fire I downloaded the free version of  Stoker's   Dracula along with the Whispersync audio version.  I was enthralled with the auditory description of the carriage ride to the castle by Jonathon Harker, the darkness, the blue flame... I have become an even bigger fan of the language in Bram Stoker's book.