Brown Corliss Engine Co Group Forge Room : Forum : Frank William Shillitto Handbo..

[reply] [quote]

Frank William Shillitto Handbook of the Corliss steam engines

10 Years Ago

Frank William Shillitto Handbook of the Corliss steam engines   the corliss engine group boiler room steam handbook REESE LIBRARY OF THK UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA. Deceived ,190 . -Accession No. 8 301 7. Class No. -u-lf-U-U-ru-u-4 HANB BK CORLISS STEAM ENGINES. DESCRIBING IN A COMPREHENSIVE MANNER THE ERECTION OF ENGINES, THE ADJUST-MENT OF THE CORLISS VALVE GEAR,AND THE CARE AND MANAGEMENT OF CORLISS STEAM ENGINES., Jl*SECOND EDITION. THE AMERICAN INDUSTRIAL PUBLISHING Co.PUBLISHERS. BRIDGEPORT, CONNECTICUT, U.S.A. 1899. COPYRIGHT 1898. F. W. SHILLITTO, JR. PREFACE.   THE demand for an elementary treatise on the Corliss Engine has induced me to undertake the preparation of this volume. It is presented with no journalistic pretensions and with no ambition save the advancement and welfare of the younger mem bers of our chosen calling. It has been the aim of the author to set forth the principles governing the subject matter in language free from unnecessary technicalities and as concisely as possible. While a few indicator diagrams have been introduced from the author's practice for the purpose of illustrating certain points, no attempt has been made to treat at length on this subject, as the fraternity is well sup- plied with most admirable works on this line. Should this volume be the means of im- parting the desired knowledge to its readers  the author will, indeed, be amply repaid for the effort. THE AUTHOR. JUNE, 1898. 83017 TABLE OF COXTEtfTS. PART I. Erecting Corliss Steam Engines. CHAPTER I. PREPARING FOUNDATIONS. II. REFERENCE LINES FOR LOCATING. III. TEMPLATES. IV. FOUNDATIONS. V. PLACING MAIN PARTS IN POSITION. VI. LINING AND LEVELING. VII. ASSEMBLING THE MOVING PARTS.   the corliss engine group boiler room steam handbook