Canadian Ink : Forum : INTRODUCE YOURSELF....

[reply] [quote]

INTRODUCE YOURSELF....

16 Years Ago

So, I guess someone had to start this, so here goes.....please tell us about yourself so we can al get to know you....

My name is James Takeo Panton, and I am an amateur unpublished writer, and only started writing a little over 4 months ago...I am a t-shirt printer and tattooist by occupation, so I am usually occupied in pursuits of the visual arts.....I also enjoy drawing and, as of late, creative writing....not sure where this new preoccupation of mine will take me, but it is worth the journey....

I started this group due to some recent experiences that I am currently reflecting on: I am oving back to my hometown in the Niagara region of Ontario very soon from Edmonton, Alberta....I have spent the past two years here, and they were a memorable experience for me on many levels...I had the opportunity to see a different part of the country, and wished I could have seen more (and, hopefully in the future, will)......

I have thus far found this online communtiy created here very supportive and open, so I figured that perhaps I may start this group on here to see how many of us are residents living in The Great White North....get to meet each other, critique each others work, and so on and so forth....

I am glad you took the time to read this, and to, hopefully, join this group and create some discussion and sense of communtiy and indentity here on cyberspace.....cheers!
[reply] [quote]

myself

16 Years Ago

I'm Kees (pronounce Case).  I mostly write poetry and short stories but I do have a couple things in the works that could be called novels, but won't, to avoid jinxing their progress.

I live in Niagara, Ontario and work in a high school with special needs kids.  Besides writing, I love photography and painting.  My favourite authors are Mark Anthony Jarman, Jack Kerouac, Douglas Coupland, Paul Quarrington amongst many others.  My fave poets are bill bissett, bpNichol, Sharon Olds and Evelyn Lau.

I would love to see Niagara poets get together and make something viable in this region.  I would love to break through the apathy and start something vibrant and exciting.

I'm very proud of our Canadian authors and believe we have a community here that is prolific and creative.  From the Bohemian Embassy to the Chapters' podium, I think our writers are the best in the world and would love to see us all thrive.

[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

15 Years Ago

I'm a chiropractor in Edmonton, Alberta. I've always beena mix of the analytical and the creative. I have a strong fondness for social justice, and I play at ambivalence and irreverence especially amongst my friends who know better. I can be a complete a*s, but I'm mostly well meaning. My poetry speaks to me like fortune telling. I often reread it and see different aspects of my broadly fractured self. My poem "Schizowaxer" is based on the fact that I write with Panium (dark) and Foreshadow (mystical/good) as pen identities, like a medium channel of my true self. I write words of love, hate, lust, greed, life, death, and what have you. My poems are designed to carpet and/or stealth bomb the reader for their entertainment. I suppose I'm a Jester of sorts.
I'm happy to join some other Canucks here and look forward to seeing what we can come up with about being Canadian... REPRESENT!
Robin
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

14 Years Ago

Hi!  It is nice to see a Canadian group here.  I grew up in Mississauga, Ontario, for the most part, before it became Mississauga.   But I moved to New Brunswick when I got married back in the early 1970's.  With the exception of one year in Red Deer, Alberta, most of my adult life has been spent on the east coast. 

I write mostly poetry but have written a few short stories.  Living by the Bay of Fundy, I get a lot of inspirations looking out to sea and tend to relate many things to water.  Thus you may notice, I tend to use water metaphors in diffent ways. 

Looking forward to meeting other Canadians here.