Character Creation : Forum : Making charcters different

[reply] [quote]

Making charcters different

11 Years Ago

I do okay with characters,but I seem to always do the same character and I would like to make one where no one would like them and then some where everone would love them. The one i'm trying right now is where there is a girl and boy, they like each other, but I want them to be some what rude or mean. They end up sounding like something is wrong with them. Any suggestions, ideas, or any help at all would be great:) thank you all so much.
[reply] [quote]

Re: Making charcters different

11 Years Ago

Hi there! So I think this happens alot to writers. I know I have felt like "wow, did I not just write about this person?" and its frustrating! My best suggestion would be to study people outside of your comfort zone and think of a character who you maybe even would not get along with if they existed in real life. We influence our writing from the people in our lives more than we realise Haha. So maybe a good bout of people watching could be helpful? I am not sure if that works for you, but I hope I helped a little bit! Good luck! Characters are the best part of the story because they are the story C: