Children And Teen Stories : Forum : Lets chat

Lets chat

17 Years Ago

Since we've got six whole members I thought it might be nice to get a thread going. I was wondering why you chose to write children or teen stories?

Me personally I chose to write them for my children. We were so poor at one time that I couldn't even get down to the library to borrow books. So I started making them up and telling them out loud. Then finally I started writing them down. Years later I still write for my children and now for myself.

What about you?

~*Brooke*~

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

::confused:: Hi, my name is Mishel Reyes, I'm new here. I love writing for children. I have all audiences though. I write for both adult and children. So, some is not appropriate for here. But the one called A Crab In My Toe Nail is definitely for kids. It's a little gory but it's for kids. He he...Please can you check my work before posting it, to see if its for children. Like that no one gets upset. ::biggrin::

I love the world of mystic, playfulness, adventure, and that's what children love. I'm still a kid at heart. I'm 32 too old to be a kid, but I still have some attachments to my past childhood.

----Mishel ::biggrin::

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

Hi, I'm Chelsea. I don't write for children much, but I do write with teens in mind much of the time. I've often been drawn to "young people" (though, honestly, I'm only 19) and I work with teens right now. I think I'm supposed to be ministering to teens and that's probably why I've almost always had this desire to write for that age group.

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

Hope it's all right that I joined your group. I'm in the middle, maybe, beginning of a book for pre-teens. I have a lot of ideas but keep going round and round with the writing. I am a Black Belt in Tae Kwon Do and want the book to be based on the tenents of Tae Kwon Do with an exciting story line. I also want the main character to be a girl who knows what she wants and is not afraid to go after it. I somehow want to get goal setting ideas into it and make it an interactive book. You know, the girl reader can write her own dreams, goals along with the character. I've taught Tae Kwon Do to this age group and have daughters myself and I truly think they need positive role models. Anyway, I need some people to bounce ideas off of! And would love honest critics of my writing/ideas. Of course in return, I'd be happy to be bounced on???!!! off??!!

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

::smile:: Hi Folks,

My name is Neil and live in Scotland. I found the website through a friend and thought I would give it a try. Since leaving College, and probably all my life I have been Illustrating in some form or other. The latest project I have just completed is a series of eight children's books titled The Tartan Puffer. The Tartan Puffer is a little Clyde Puffer who inhabits a magical world with fun characters like Nessie, Harry Haggis and many more. If you get a chance please view the site and let me know what you think.

Working on a few other projects too and one called Katie Kid at the early stages. I have always wanted to work on a project aimed at the teen market so if someone would like me to help them with illustartions just let me know.

Cheers

Neil

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Hey guys...I'm new at this. I started my account a few days ago and Ive posted up the first 2 chapters of my book. I really need the chapters to be reviewed so I can improve them. Its a childrens book. Please read it?

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Hey everyone!

I'm new here, and I look forward to getting to know you all. I write teen fantasy/fiction because I love it. I have more fun with it than when I am writing for adults, and I've always known I would make a career out of something I love to do. The chapter of The Whitlock Papers is the beginning of a finished novel. I'm currently looking for a publisher/agent for it. The other (Fate's Game) is just the first draft of an idea...not hashed out yet.

Anyway, I look forward to reading your suff and sharing mine!

Erica

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

I've been here forever and I write anything and everything.  Two of my stories are aimed at very young children.  That's why I've joined.  I'm hoping you can give me some ideas on how to fix the last stanza of "Look!  A Book!" and I'm hunting for an illustrator for my other one, "Ashley's Watch"  I'll be loading them on here so the group can see.

Susan (Aunt Sue)

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Hi. I'm not really new here, yet I am not really experienced here either, since there was a long time that I had not been to Writer's Cafe. I joined this website in April 2007, because that's what it said. I write children's books, because (1) I am a child, and (2) I enjoy reading chidlren's books. My all-time favorite books are those created by Louis Sachar, E.B. White, Margaret Peterson Haddix, and Gail Carson Levine (I like her fairy tales best). I also like teen books; one of them is A Tree Grows in Brooklyn and Fast Food Nation.

Why I write for children

13 Years Ago

I have been working with kids for the last 20 years, and I love to tell my own kids "stories from the seat of my pants!"  I find children's lit to be wonderfully imaginative and creative.  There is nothing better that hearing a child laugh or in some way positively respond to something you have written.  There is Gold in Them Thar Hills, if you only know how to mine the awesome sense of wonder only found in a child.

Re: Lets chat

12 Years Ago

I started teaching preschool about ten years ago. At that time I aslo fell back in love with childrens literature. My brain started filling with ideas as I taught different subjects and couldn't find books relating to our subject. Ones that would hold a preschoolers attention or broadened on the information I wanted my kids to learn.

Also my kids were little and I spent many hours reading to them at night. It got me thinking there needs to be stories that appeal to the adults reading the story as well as the kid who is listening. Id like to appeal to the parent who may not be in touch with their imagination as well as the parent who is.