Coffee Break : Forum : So what do ya guys think about..

[reply] [quote]

So what do ya guys think about the new look W/C?

16 Years Ago

(everything in red is notes added on the 10/9/07)

(everything in blue are notes added on the 11/09/07)

whats your opinion?

personally I don't really like it at all but I do feel they have some good ideas and made some positive improvements however I fee it still needs work and the old version was better.

firstly the read request thing is a great idea, but, I would prefer it if there were some way to see who sent them without clicking on it. this way we can see what it is from friends, and if someone sent a heap of work and or whatever. (sorry I apoligise I see how they work now lol.)

secondly I don't really like the fact the 'my profile' page has only notices on it and tabs for the other pages. while the notices is a good idea it was so much easier having everything already infront of you and you could check mutiple items at once, also if you have a slow computer like mine you don't have to wait ages for each page to load. (I still stand by this, while the new notice thing is great why can't we just make it a little box, this way we can have our 'mt profile page' look more like our 'my profile page' that our friends see so that it is more condensed. also could their be an option to have your bio and that private coz how can you leave comments and see what a person is about and welcome them if you can't read it?)

also while the new look with the blue is ok and I could get used to I feel this version is a bit bulky and the other look was more..I dunno, it just had a better feel to it. (Along with this the tree was my inspiration it remindes me of the tree in the backyard that I often write by)

If you agree to what I am saying do speak up so perhaps some changes can be made, if disagree I want to see what you think too.

~Jaz

and if you want to bring the tree back sign Celtic Cat's pettion:

ALSO YOU SIMPLY MUST JOIN AND GIVE YOUR OPINION HERE:

It is a whole group setup to give feedback on the changes made to W/C!

[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

The layout looks generic and unoriginal.. the tree , now that was original i though and so inviting.. the coffee is cold at this cafe now and some of my friends have left for a different diner..

Chloe
xoxo
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

I miss three things.

-The ability to subscribe to people I enjoy reading

-Having the page where I can stroll through all my subscribees work and put it in my library.

-The forum

Kate
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

The new W/C has its ups and downs really. For starters the new updates on your user profile page and the read requests on the side fo the page, another is the toolbar above the text box that now gives a bit more options than it did before.

The downs are really I find it goes slower now, but that might only be my computer. I liked the tree better than the flower. I don't like how they took out blog writing, I don't know how many people used it but I know I did and I wish they didn't take it back. I also hate how when I type it takes so slow to prosses that while I'm typing the words don't show up until I stop typing.

I thinks thats all.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
DG
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Hey, Jaz!

Well, as you know, I miss the tree!!!  That was a great tree, and like most of the trees on the planet it was leveled for no good reason and replaced with ridiculousness. 

I am glad they beheaded the dreaded flower, now it semi feels like an underwater writing site.  I'll take it, water is akin to emotion, which is what inspires me to write, so I can live with it I guess.  Just wish they'd kill that silly font already!!

I totally miss subscriptions the most.  Yes, having to tab through everything is a bit much as well....

I'm glad they worked out the access issues at least, I'm two weeks behind over here, and am totally blaming the site for one of those two weeks.  I couldn't accomplish anything that first week.

I also am very sad that we lost a lot of good writers over this revamp.  That completely sucks, but it's not the owners fault, everyone has their own breaking point.

Alright, enough out of me!!!  Thanks for pimping my tree petition.  If you'd like, you can ammend that portion to say it's as dead as the tree at this point.  *sniff*

I'm sure there's a tissue nearby, this also resemble a Kleenex box, which, I admit, is a vast improvement over the Kotex box!!!

Peace, Jaz

Thanks for giving us yet another place to vent!!

Cat

[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Originally posted by Katie Anne (the Sun-sorcerer)

I miss three things.

-The ability to subscribe to people I enjoy reading

-Having the page where I can stroll through all my subscribees work and put it in my library.

-The forum

Kate

I am fairly new to writerscafe -- Is there a better website out there? I have noticed that there's little activity on here and it makes me wish for a more active site.