Collaboration Gang. : Forum : Setting Vote.

[reply] [quote]

Setting Vote.

8 Years Ago

Tsubaki Senpai here.  We need to vote on the time setting of the story. I am voting for the Old gothic look. Like the game Bloodborne. 
[reply] [quote]

Re: Setting Vote.

8 Years Ago

For some options, how about:

1. Past time (medieval or gothic period)
2. Present time (more or less same tech level as our present time)
3. Near Future (slightly advanced tech)

These time period have no bearing on the actual world, which could be our world, a parallel version of our world, or a totally new world.

Keep in mind that, as we've all discussed thus far, the story will take place in whatever period we decide here AFTER an apocalypse has occurred. This could be a nuclear war, armageddon, the Biblical End Times/Revelations, etc.
[reply] [quote]

8 Years Ago

I was thinking of a setting when the little super natural talk will make the person an outcast. Basically a future setting where religion has pretty much died out and everything is about science. I think that will make our characters stand out even more. So, I vote on the future setting.
[reply] [quote]

8 Years Ago

I like Eisho's idea
[reply] [quote]

8 Years Ago

I think medieval is too 'fantasy', the present is too immediate...future does it for me. A suggestion; I feel our characters and their traits should incline to science more than religion. Religion leaves a lot of limitation, and is pretty touchy.
[reply] [quote]

8 Years Ago

I vote for the past. I think that our story would strive there.
[reply] [quote]

8 Years Ago

I think it should be in a gothic period... It would go better with the whole supernatural demons and angels thing.
[reply] [quote]

8 Years Ago

We want the characters to be unique and stand out from the rest so I think Future works best. We can make the story flow with it so it won't seem so awkward as well.
[reply] [quote]

8 Years Ago

I think future would be best because it would allow us to involve various "magics" that are actually just advanced tech
[reply] [quote]

8 Years Ago

I vote future as well since it makes more sense if our story occurs post-apocalypse. I feel that an apocalypse is more impending in a society like ours where there are weapons of mass destruction and where so much damage to the world and its natural environment has already been done. 
[reply] [quote]

7 Years Ago

Alright folks! Looks like the decision is a futuristic setting! We'll let the World Builders and the Character Creators determine exactly what that means.

Cheers,
Takeshi