Collective Library : Forum : Library List

[reply] [quote]

Library List

11 Years Ago

Add Your favourite book,series or books you would reccomend on this list. 

Please include the

- Title of the Book
- The  Author's Name

and as an added bonus a picture of the book :)

It doesn't matter the genre, age or type of book, whether it be a childrens book that you loved growing up or A book your enjoying now.

Let's pass on the love of reading!
[reply] [quote]

Re: Library List

11 Years Ago

For anyone who loves romantic novels I would definitely recommend "An Autumn Crush" By Milly Johnson.
   It's about:
   "Newly single after a bruising divorce, Juliet Miller moves into a place of her own and advertises for a flatmate, little believing that, in her mid 30's, she'll find anyone suitable. Then just as she was about to give up hope, along comes self-employed copywriter Floz and the two women hit it off straight away.
   When Juliet's gently giant of a twin brother, Guy, meets Floz, he falls head over heels. But, as hard as he tries to charm her his foot seem to be permanently in his mouth. Meanwhile Guy's best friend Steve has always had a secret crush on Juliet - one which couldn't be more unrequited if it tried
   As Floz and Juliet's friendship deepens, and Floz becomes part of the Miller family, can Guy turn her affection for them into something more - into love for him? And what will happen to Steve's heat when Juliet finally catches the eye of Piers - the man of her dreams?"

[reply] [quote]

11 Years Ago

For lovers of Adventure I would recommend Clive Cussler's "Fargo" series.

A husband and wife Archaeology team that delve into, history, mystery and saving histories artefacts for other generations. As the search for items the follow paths which cross line of tomb raiders and crime mobs. 

Clive Cussler also writes Naval novels which unless familiar with the characters can be confusing, never less have a try and you might discover a whole new way of looking at history.  
[reply] [quote]

11 Years Ago

For anyone who loves historical fiction - this is written by a Christian author, Nancy Moser. Apart from the fact that she wrote about the life of Jane Austen from a fictional viewpoint, she brings forth an astonishing, romantic story about the classic novelist and really brings her character out when writing. We all know about Jane Austen but Nancy delves deeper into how and what her life could have been like - seemed like a fantasy - a "dreamy" life. But Jane doesn't venture out into the world and struggles to find her place in it. She has the chance to observe human nature at its best - and worst.
The book goes through all the characters she wrote about - Emma Woodhouse, Elizabeth Bennett, Mr. Darcy, John Willoughby, etc... She writes, while struggling to find her OWN Mr. Darcy - she ends up just putting the romantic life she wanted onto paper. She learns about life and people whilst writing, and also learns to just be herself. To be "Just Jane".

JUST JANE: A NOVEL OF JANE AUSTEN'S LIFE
NANCY MOSER
BETHANY HOUSE PUBLISHERS

[reply] [quote]

Earth's Children, Jean M Auel

11 Years Ago

I am curently finishing off Jean M Auel's Earth's Children series.  There are six books in total.  I appreciate how the author writes in a style so diferent than my own.  She has taken what could be considered dry subject matter and made it accessible and enjoyable to so many people.  It is easy to make things like vampires appealing.  Try tying in an informative description of prehistoric feminine hygiene in to your next story.  The series is a great study in how to incorporate a different lifestyle, a different time, in to a story line that is generally appealing. 

I recommend it if you are looking for something different or if you do historical writing. 

[reply] [quote]

11 Years Ago

Unwind
By Neal Shusterman
I just read this book and i loved it.  It's a slightly disturbing novel about a future in which children all around are being 'unwound'.  During this process, every part of a 13-17 year-old child is donated to different banks and thus the child is still 'alive.'  It follows 3 different teens destined to be unwound... But will they be unwound in the end?  Definitely one of my favorite books.  Well written, interesting, and very much food for thought, in my opinion.
I found it through this youtube promo:
Here's the cover :)