Concrete Angels : Forum : Welcome Surviors!!!

Welcome Surviors!!!

17 Years Ago

Hello, I'm Catrina. I'm 31a nd a survivor of childhood incest and rape. And verbal abuse. I grew up in a war zone for a home. I'm not here to judge. And I feel your story is just as important as mine. Please understand, YOU DO NOT have to give any information about yourself away. And you are still welcome among us. Tell as much or as little as you wish too. Thank you for taking these first steps of healing with me.

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

My story is similar to Cat's and posted in story form on my page. It is called Climbing a Personal Mt Everest and I would welcome any comments about my story. I am glad that Cat started this group and I feel that we all have something unique and valuable to offer each other. :) Thanks Cat!

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

My story is posted on here called A Day Not Worth Remembering. I am so thankful to Cat for making this much needed group. I am really glad to be here. Thanks again Cat!!!! *Hugs* ::biggrin::

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

I am Crystal. I am a 28 yr old mother of 3 beautifully trying kiddos and I live in Tennessee. I moved to TN after I graduated high school to find my real mother and I met the man I would marry. At 18 I didn't have a clue and fell in love with the first good lookin' man to give me the time of day. By the time I figured out he was married he had convinced me that she was cheating on him and he was leaving her. We ran off to Alabama and a month later I was pregnant. 5 months into the pregnancy the beatings started. They continued for 10 years. I kept telling myself it was my punishment for tearing up that family (he had 2 kids by his first wife). Last year I finally broke. I couldn't watch the fear and terror in my kids eyes everytime he'd get started. He has gotten a 17 year old girl pregnant and all I can think is, "God, have mercy on that girl!" I have found someone now who is so good to me and the kids and we are happy. We still have our moments, but we are happy now!

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

I'm so happy for you Crystal!!! Yes, domestic violence is abuse and it effects everyone in the home. I'm glad you and your kids are safe now. The hitting rarely begins right away...they have to gain your trust first. And to the other Crystal...thank you for making me look at myself and see we needed a group like this.

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

Your very welcome, Cat!!!!

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

My name is Krystal Waters and I am 42 years old. I am married and have one child which is a teenager now. I've been married for 16 years now... My twin sister and I went from foster home to foster home until we were adopted. My twin recently died... which has been very upsetting. I look forward to meeting all of you here in the group! crystal invited me to this group and it appears she is very active! Good job Crystal.

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

I don't know if you call what happened with me survival, becose I did die in many ways although none were physical, though not for the lack of trying. I think it is the fact that I am willing to live now as a bonus though. My story? I am working on it. Every time I confront another issue I am closer to accepting it. once I accept it I can finally put it in my past. There are so many things that I cannot even begin to even confront, or much less write/speak of. The bits I can talk about will eventually be put in a story, My story. It is titled "A Time Of Tears" and it was, at least for me.

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Thank you to those who share your story. You have no idea how much you help me and others like me. May I find courage to speak and share mine with others one day. There isn't any exaggeration to the saying, "there is strength in numbers."

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

As you might already know, my nme is 'Siva (pronounced as Shiva), and i'm 21.
I don't really have a story for what happened, I try starting one, but I have recently found that I'm not quite ready to do so. However, I have written a poem, a little one, which can lead to understanding my past. It's called I once was.
Nice to see this topic created :) it's always good to talk, helps to deal with the past.

Well, seeing all you girls here has given me a reason to share, so I will try to make another poem or a story, I found that writing I once was has helped me a bit, and want to continue healing. Thanks for all your wise words!

Greetz

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Hello,

My name's Dennis... another survivor. Yes, I am a man, a man lucky enough to have survived with out killing someone.

At 2 I was left with baby sitters that, to save a buck, never even changed my diapers for nearly a week at a time. At 4 I was nocked down a flight of cement stairs, breaking my jaw and upper palet, never brought to a doctor or hospital. At five i was thrown through a glass door and beaten with a cane. But that was ok.. I could deal with that..

But I couldn't stand hearing my mother's sorrowful tears as she cried herself to sleep, her frightend cries when he beat her, see, the blood falling from her once smiling, now battered lips, her once sparkling eyes now fillef with a haunting fear.

I also wrote a poem about it called "A Mother's Scream" written from my perspective at five years old.

Latter i will share another one, written by my mother during that time.

Like you, i found i needed to reach in, pull that snarling beast out of my mind, and see it for what it really was..

God bless,

Den

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Hi I'm Kate. I'm 25 and I have been through physical, verbal, and emotional abuse. Does neglect count? My father basically has no relationship with me and makes no effort. Hell I haven't spoken to him in five years and the only time was at my sister's wedding. My father and stepmother's form of punishment was to hit us on the butts with a 2 x 4. I can still remember the humiliation of having to put my hands against the wall and lean over and wait for the spanking to come. That is probably why I was so good as a child so I wouldn't have to feel that again. During my teenager years I spent hearing my mother calling me names. Let me tell you I was already suffering from depression at 16 with emotional eating to boot having your own mother call you "fat f**k" was never a self esteem booster. With the exception of my basic needs such as a roof, food, and clothes I was virtually neglected in any other needs I had or manipulated.

Kate

[no subject]

15 Years Ago

Hello everyone!  I have looked around this group and the forum and you are a beautiful group of people.  I am a survivor myself.  I have recently joined a magazine called Rising Above.  So I started up a profile for us on here.  We are new and trying to find writers.  We plan to have our first issue out in October in honor of Domestic Violence Awareness Month.  The magazine is composed of volunteer writers that are all survivors.  Our intentions our to spread awareness about domestic violence, abuse, incest, rape and all kinds of violence.  We are still seeking members for the staff.  If anyone is interested please visit our website at www.risingabovemagazine.com  you can always just submit your story or poetry as well. 

The editor is Jenna, but my name is Jenny B.  I will be providing the readers with resources and events.  If anyone knows of any that you would like to be included please feel free to send me an email at [email protected]

I am a survivor of child abuse, incest, ritual abuse and then later in life I was raped.  I has taken me awhile to begin the healing process and even a longer time to consider myself a survivor.  However, I now speak the word "survivor" with confidence and strength.  I know that I weathered the storm and am protected by the rainbow overhead.  I know that there is strength in each and every one of us, even greater strength in all of us together.  Thank you for letting me be a part of this wonderful group.  I look forward to getting to know you.

Sincerely,

Jenny B

[no subject]

15 Years Ago

Hello. my name is ashley i'm 17 and i am new. I'm not really good at telling my story and only three people know not including my parents. I was abused when i was nine and it ended when i was ten or eleven. i don't really remember because during that time i tried to pretend it didn't happen. that is all i can say right now because i haven't completely healed. I have only written one poem on here about my abuse its called MAYBE, I wrote it when I was angry and couldn't sleep because of bad dreams. I hope I can learn to heal here and that i can help anybody as much as possible.