Contested Trials : Forum : Simplicity Contest

Simplicity Contest

13 Years Ago

To go to the contest page... click here. I have several submissions but you still have a good chance of winning if you follow the rules (as several people didn't).

Here's the description:
What I want you to do for this contest is to write about ONE PHYSICAL object/item/thing (not a concept or idea) that is completely commonplace and often goes unnoticed. I read a poem once about a squiggly line inside their eye. That's the kind of simplicity I'm looking for in your poetry.

You can be simple in writing about your simplistic physical object or you can be complex and deep about it. Either way... ONE simple object. The jam between your toes, the dirt under a fingernail, anything that is commonplace.

Rules
1) Although the poems don't have to be short, I don't want to be reading epic poems... if they're WAY too long, I won't read them.
2) Spelling and grammar are a must (not so much with the grammar as long as you don't violate the poetic license).

Also... as a side note. I LOVE humor and satire. Be cynical, satirical, sarcastic, or just plain hilarious and you'll probably get higher up on the list of winners.

Enjoy! And please enter the contest that you can reach by "clicking here."

~~Arra~~