Creative Poetry : Forum : Winds of Time

[reply] [quote]

Winds of Time

5 Years Ago

Winds of Time   You were The best thing that Could have happened in my Life; but you walked away, never came back.   For twelve Years I waited Looking for you in crowds Longing to hold you and never Let go.   I met Someone while I Waited for you and would Not commit because my heart belonged To you.     Life has Taught me many things. One thing I learned the hard  Way is that nothing stays the same... Life changes.   As long as there is air to breathe there will be change in our lives; we love, hate, cry, and we die.   Thoughts of You linger as Darkness falls. Memories Haunt me day after day. At night I cry.   You were The air that I Breathed. You were my soul mate. You didn't love me like that. We Parted.   I still Think of you now Even though you've been Gone over twenty years. Why did You leave? Did you Make love to her Like you did me? Did my Sister love you like I did? Did She cry?   The night Is closing in. I retreat to my bed To bury my tears and pain in Darkness.   When my Sister died, she Wanted me there but she Never told me she was seeing You. Why?   Was she Ashamed for me To know what she had done? Did you love her? Did she love you? Tell me.   She was A good person. She deserved a good man. Not someone like you. You were not Faithful.   Not to Her or to me. I knew you; accepted You for who you were and never judged you.     I wait For  twelve years For you to come but you Were with her. With or without you. I wait.   How could I have been so Blind? She was in your bed While you lingered in my heart. I loved you.   Now she Is gone and you Are sick, dying. Why should I care? My love was true and real. Not yours.