Creative Writer's Prompt : Forum : Prompt for September 9th, 2012..

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
ATG
[reply] [quote]

Prompt for September 9th, 2012 to September 23rd, 2012

11 Years Ago

After watching LIttle Shop of Horrors on TV I decided this prompt will be about something simple, but potentially difficult. Write something involving plants as the main subject. Be creative with this prompt. If you have any questions, contact me.        ---ATG
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
bba
[reply] [quote]

Re: Prompt for September 9th, 2012 to September 23rd, 2012

11 Years Ago

I don't know if I'm allowed to submit this piece since it isn't exactly new. But I think it still fit the theme, sorta, so what the hell... XD

[reply] [quote]

Re: Prompt for September 9th, 2012 to September 23rd, 2012

11 Years Ago

The Affair Every day you pass me by.  I’m there – day after day, watching you.  I see you, but you don’t see me.  Or at least, you don’t look at me.  I wonder how I can get your attention.  Maybe tomorrow I’ll stand a little taller. ~~ You passed me by again today.  You still didn’t notice me.  I tried standing a little taller, but the rain made it hard.  I think today you missed me because you had an umbrella up, and your head down against the rain.  You were walking faster than usual.  The rain was hard. ~~ Again you didn’t notice me.  The sun was shining and I had my face towards it.  It was a beautiful warm day.  Maybe tomorrow, I’ll try another perfume. ~~ I think my perfume worked today.  You slowed when you got near me.  I saw you sniffing the air.  You almost stopped in front of me.  You took a deep breath and slowed – but then your phone rang and your attention was divided. ~~ You stopped today!  Clearly my perfume was the key.  Today you stopped.  You saw me.  You smiled and breathed in my perfume.  You even came close to me to get the full effect of my perfume.  You told me I was beautiful. ~~ You stopped again today and told me I was beautiful.  You caressed my face and breathed in my perfume.  I shivered.  “tomorrow.” You said. ~~ This morning you picked me up.  You breathed in my perfume, and held me so delicately.  You caressed my face and told me again how beautiful I was.  Then, instead of continuing on to work, you turned away and told me you could take the day off.  You brought me home and to the bedroom.  I shivered with anticipation. “Darling,” you said.  “I saw this beautiful rose, and something made me pick it and bring it home to you.  I love you.” Then you handed me to your beautiful wife.