Creative Writing Class : Forum : No Subject

No Subject

14 Years Ago

This class is definitely going to test your writing and your ability to range from genre to genre. So, anyway, the only way you can skip a homework assignment is if you have a pass, but the only way you get a pass is if i really like your writing. 
Before i give the assignment, i just want to clear a few things.
Each story given to me will be graded.
Every story that gets the highest score will be featured on the group homepage (The group's equivalent of getting published in the New Yorker!)
Every story i like will be handed out, mailed, to all the members, and you each will peer edit it. Then, you will send the peer edited copies to the owner, the author of the story, by writerscafe.org mail and he will then read it and send it to me. 
We will then compare the versions.
Classes will be held individually between me and a member, and we will discuss different things such as writing techniques, writing styles, characters, and other literary elements. We will teach each other different things.
Classes will be held by APPOINTMENT.
You have to send me a message, that you want to engage in a class and i'll put you on the waiting list. I CAN'T GET TO EVERYONE AT ONCE!

So here's the assignment:
You are to write a story about the past converging with the present. Maybe a painter discovers a painting created by humans long ago and becomes famous of his finding.
That's a good example.
Your story must be 4,000 words or more. Hell, you can make it 20,000 if you want.
THIS ASSIGNMENT IS DUE IN ONE WEEK, NOV.15!
It has to be written in either the first or third person point of view. In our next homework assignment we will write the same story, but this time in a different point of view.
If you write it in the first person, next week you have to write the same story in the second person and vice versa. See what i mean?

now......GET WRITING!

PS: my waiting list is empty so send me class requests so we can begin our lesson, member by member. Hurry, send me message fast, before other people do and you have to wait!

TOPIC/CLASS OF THE WEEK:

Writing techniques.