Dear Abby... : Forum : The "I Hate This" Ge..

The "I Hate This" Generation

14 Years Ago

As an old fogey, I'm just curious. When did it become the "in" thing to hate everything around you?

[no subject]

14 Years Ago

Rofl! I agree!
Especially the annoyingly common line that I hear all the time..."I hate my life." Really? Then go die! (By the way, I only mean this when someone says it jokingly after missing a basket or something...not a suicidal teen about to slit their wrists.)
And we can't seem to drill into our brains either of the phrases, "Stop and smell the roses" or "Make the best of it". If you go in with a bad atttitude, your expierience is not gonna be good.
And also, its the "This sucks" generation...ugh!! Look at the beauty of the world!!!!! Everytime one of ym friends says something like this, I could strangle them!

[no subject]

14 Years Ago

I agree. I love rock, sometimes a little metal, but some times I don't like it because all they have to say is I hate everything or I hate this, or I hate that. Bleh, it's annoying!

I just hate hearing that especailly from young people. You've only begun to live. You an never or should never say you hate life when you've never even lived it yet.

I used to be like that until I realized how idiotic I sounded when I say the line. Live life bfore you judge it.