Dear Lovely : Forum : cheaters?

cheaters?

14 Years Ago

who in this group has been cheated on? Can a cheater stop? Plz share your opinion. 

[no subject]

14 Years Ago

Hi Porshe,

Wow, pretty big subject! I have been cheated on in the past, and now that I'm in a stable, loving relationship, I would never put up with it. The top reasons why I think men cheat on us are:

- They can't tell us honestly how they feel

- They have low self-esteem

- Perhaps there are other issues that they have that you don't know about

Bottom line, if you really love them, give them a chance to earn your trust back, but they need to know that it will take a very long time for them to do this. If they are unable to earn your trust back, or they do it again, it's time to run for the hills.

I know that it all sounds easy, but I know that it's not. Especially if you really care for them. But the main thing to remember is that you are a wonderful woman, and deserve better than someone who treats you like that, and you also deserve to have someone who makes you feel amazing - they are out there somewhere

[no subject]

14 Years Ago

Yes, a cheater can stop, but you are going to probably put up with a lot of s**t before he gets there and there is no guarantee of it ever stopping.  It probably depends on whether he screwed up once or twice or whether or not it is a weekly lifestyle with him.  His age has a lot to do with it as well.  The older men get the more settled down they become.  As you already know the damage from him cheating on you, is going to have to be faced and dealt with in order for you to heal.  My own philosophy has been that unless I am willing to seriously work on myself first.  Chances are better than good that I would just pick another cheater as a mate.  Unfortunately, the bad boy type is what I am attracted to.  I will end by saying my husband did change after a long time coming and much damage.