Dopest : Forum : Pen Name V.S Real Name group d..

Re: Pen Name V.S Real Name group discussion of the week

8 Years Ago

For me, it really doesn't matter at all. I use my real name, though obviously just my first name. That choice is more for privacy reasons than having to do with writing. For my self-published book, I used my real name. Whether people use pen names or their real names, I honestly don't think twice about it or wonder about their reasons. Part of that might be because this is a website. If I saw a book published under what is an obvious pen name, it might strike me as kind of curious.
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
dan

8 Years Ago

When I first got online in 1996 one could get free websites from GeoCities and others. So I started writing on the web that summer. I had a website called "The Sensitive Guy," which was my poetry and satire. I always have used very much the pen name riki. And I chose it because my pet ferret died earlier that year (no joke) So I used riki (and at one time riki_ryme).
Then I just decided to put my first name as my name now (last name still has diplomatic immunity), small case. just dan
I don't see any reason why I would change it anymore at this point.
take care...dan

8 Years Ago

Suddenly it reminded me a line, What is in names? I use my real name, which was given to me by my parents, if they have given me some other name I have used that one, I feel it is not important that a writer is using a real name or pen name, or how people feel about pen names, most important is how much a writer is satisfied while writing with his/her real or pen name . Mary Ann Evans wrote under the name George Eliot and so many others have also. so it really don't matters

8 Years Ago

I'm using my middle name because I don't like the rest of my name :P but if an author uses their real name or pen name then it doesn't bother me, I often enjoy whatever they have written and I'll look out for more of their books when I can :)

8 Years Ago

I used my initials and my last name. although I wished that I had used a pen name at first it don't really matter now. I do highly advice for the new writers to use a pen name, until he or she is ready to face the writing world out there. This is a cool topic ;)

8 Years Ago

SHAWNA; thats pretty cool, i didnt know you had a book. what kinda book is it? 

DAN: 1996 you say huh? im curious, and i think im right but maybe not, is that when computer screens were still black and green with no pictures on the web yet?  on the web yet? but as i think of it more now i think 1996 is like the era of AOL and AIM

HARDEEP: good point man. satisfaction is the goal 

Rosaliine: good point also, and i like your middle naame as well 

EG: i didnt know ten was ur last name. thats pretty unique