Dream Poems : Forum : The Candy Shop--Based on a dre..

The Candy Shop--Based on a dream I had!

16 Years Ago

The Candy Shop
A Story by Tonya Lambert Bryant

I was walking along a sidewalk and saw a candy shop. I've always had a bit of a sweet tooth so I decided to go inside and get some candy. I entered the candy shop and took a look around.

There was every type of candy imaginable in the shop. The walls were lined with shelves. Each shelf had glass containers filled with a different sugary treat. Chocolates, fruity candies, fudge, peanut butter cups, anything you could ever ask for could be found in this heavenly shop.

There was no employee in the store! Nothing stood between me and all the sweet goodness that I could manage to eat. Immediately I began taking each kind of candy that I found desirable and stuffing it in my mouth. My cheeks were so full of candy that they resembled a chipmunk's, yet I continued my gluttony.

After stuffing myself silly for a while, I began to notice my stomach getting bigger and bigger. By the time I'd had my fill I looked down to see my belly was protruding. I looked like a mother about to give birth!

Suddenly I began to feel pains in my abdomen. At first it was a slight discomfort, maybe it was a little tummy upset from overindulgence? As the minutes passed, however, the pain intensified. It soon became unbearable. I needed help. I needed to get to a hospital!

A young boy came into the candy store about the time that the pain began ripping through my body so intensly that I wondered if I would be able to make it. I could barely speak. I reached a hand out to him, barely able to gasp out two words. "Helllllp meeee..."

The little boy looked down at my protruding abdomen and back up to my chocolate covered face. He sighed and slowly shook his head. "You shouldn't have eaten all that candy," he said before turning to walk away.
� 2007 Tonya Lambert Bryant