Dreamscape Cartographers : Forum : step I: Dream transcribing

step I: Dream transcribing

17 Years Ago

Ok, I'll start it off. This is going to be a slow process to get the number of people we need together and get things rolling. The following is my telling of a dream I had which I intend to use in this project. Each member will need to post the story of one dream they had for use in the as yet untitled narrative.

(Copied from My blog the morning after I had the dream.)

My friend Ernie (singer/guitarist from the now defunct Whet) wrote a song called 'ruins'. There's a part at the end of the song that he always adlibs based on what's going on in his life and or the world around him. I recall a particularly gushy version that occured when our friend mike was in the hosipital. It always starts out with 'i had a dream last night and the dream is was of.......'

I had dream last year where my friend don was singing that very song, except the lyrics appeared as 'I had a dream last night of things not yet come to be, I saw a funeral pyre for all of humanity.' Last night happened again......

I dreamt i was in a house somewhere, I didn't really recognize the palce or anyone around me, and yet it was as if I knew them all very well. There was a sharp gust of wind that took down a tree outside the house, I heard the crash and looked out to see a tornado with my friend don standing right in it's path. and then he began to sing, this time there was more though

"I had a dream last night of things not yet come to be, I saw a funeral pyre for all of humanity, and I, I swear I lost myself and the rest of us it's all the same. I'd strive to make it right but all we to is bring more shame."

wierd in that Don doesn't know that song, nor is he able to sing very well (no offense Dude, but you know it's true.) but in this dream he had a set of pipes the came through over all the noise from the tornado as it ripped up the ground around him. Then it swallowed him up and I jerked awake.

I remember yellling "Everyone, into the basement!!!" but no one listened, no one moved, they just watched it take don and then waited for it to come to them. I don't rightly know what any of it means, maybe nothing, who can say........