East Midlands Creative Writing Group : Forum : July Meet Up

July Meet Up

10 Years Ago

Hi All, Notes from Tuesdays meet: Present: John M / Mike R / Allan WApologies: Alan K Despite the scant turnout we had a good time, here are some points from Tuesday night: * Winner of the last challenge: Allan Welsh (me) for my story: Tara* Mike shared a piece of his work, which was a fictional 'twitter' conversation between God and another - Mike chose the other to be Michael Adebalajo (Woolwich murder suspect)* I shared the first chapter of one of my novels currently in progress: Sciophobia* John also attempted to facilitate an impromptu slide show of his holiday snaps from Norway, but the internet connection in the pub is shockingly slow!* We discussed the possibility of moving the group to our own website - or blog - or facebook page? A theme/idea that needs further and wider discussion. Augusts Challenge: The challenge is to write a piece in any format, poem, story, play, limerick - using the words: Self-fulfilling prophecy You can use the words as either the title for your piece - Or just as the theme for your piece? Choice is yours! * Date of Next meeting:  Tuesday August 27th

Re: July Meet Up

10 Years Ago

hi sorry i missed it, i thought it was next tuesday for some reason, now i have a date for august i hope to see you all there. i dont check in enough with this site ! al 

Re: July Meet Up

10 Years Ago

Hey Allan thanks for the update. i think a Facebook page would be a good idea where we only invite members to join? Look forward to meeting up with you all again soon!