Evil Is Sexy : Forum : Favorite Villain

[reply] [quote]

Favorite Villain

14 Years Ago

That's right. Who is your favorite villain? I noticed that many of the members liked anime, so feel free to use one of those villains. From movies, books, tv shows, anythings. Of course, tell us what they are from, and why they are your fave.

I do not have a single fave, but have several. I just like bad guys, what can I say? Right now, however, I could say my fave is Ulquirra Schiffer, from Bleach. I am a little mad at the mangaka of Bleach, because of what happens to Ulquirra, but if you don't know I won't tell you. He is my fave because he is pretty, intelligent, cruel, and is always so calm. Also, at the end he shows some interesting changes to his character. Also, as the only arrancar who can release his sword twice, kinda like Ban Kai, he just kicks a*s.

Now who is your fave, and why??
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

14 Years Ago

Many? All of us, haha. I just haven't written that I like anime down anywhere....

But my personal favorite bad guy is Axel(?). He's from a video game, called Kingdom Hearts. Although I'm not sure if he completely qualifies as a "villian" because he changes at the very end, and occasionally goes traitor to Organization VIII(his evil group) but isn't always great for the hero, Sora either.  He's got wicked awesome weapons; I don't know how to explain them.  They're like circular, with spike-like spears sticking out, red and white, and when he summons them, they spin with flames.  He controls fire, and it is pretty awesome. But what I like about him is that he's evilly humorous, but what I love most, he follows nobody's directions, and goes his own way. He is like half-evil, half-good. Basically, he's just a rebel.

(The quote is actually his too, heh heh) (Well now that Kiwi has put so many down, I feel like I have to put down a few more two, so I'm revisting my post) Truthfully, I like some villians, but the types of villians I like are all half-good or not completely evil.  So umm, some real villians..................................AGH! This isn't working! So here's just the semi-bad people I like:  Jak from Jak 2,3(video game) and he's technically a hero ONLY because he seeks revenge on who is the bad guy. Ikuto(and Yoru, too) from Shugo Chara(manga) because he's just likable, but he's forced to be on the evil side. Captain Jack Sparrow from Pirates of the Carribean(all of them) when he tricks or uses people, but he has a heart and good intentions, so he's "a good man"-Elizabeth Swan. Oh! Here's a truly evil!!! From my favorite music video of all-time, Little Less Sixteen Candles, Little More Touch Me(Fall Out Boy) the evil vampire that leads the rest of the vampires to the city to start chaos. Oh! And the three kids in Nightmare Before Christmas though I don't know why I like them. As picky as I am of villians of other stories and such, I love all my evil characters. Ironic.

[reply] [quote]

My Favourite Villains from Fiction

14 Years Ago

Just like you, I can't choose between my favourite bad guys, so I guess I'll just list them all. I do however have an unusual attraction to femme fatales. No idea why, but I find female villains more appealing.

1. The Witch-King of Angmar (The Lord of the Rings)-sporting a spiked helmet resembling the crown of thorns worn by Jesus Christ, together with a tall physique, enormous flail, flaming sword, and a Fell Beast to top it all off, the Witch-King of Angmar has become one of the most popular villains in the Lord of the Rings trilogy, of course, not forgetting Sauron. While I like him the most, I just like the Ringwraiths in general... the fact that they don't have physical bodies and wear black cloaks really makes them very intimidating characters.

2. Devimon, Piedmon, and LadyDevimon (Digimon Adventures)-three of my favourite villains from the popular Digimon Adventures anime kids show. Devimon is of course the traditional bad guy representing the Devil, with long limbs, wings, and that unique booming voice that you don't often come across. Piedmon, as his name suggests, is modelled after a pierrot (French jester) and embodies all the sadism any childrens show could ever display. LadyDevimon to this day remains one of my more personal favourites, not only because she's a femme fatale, but Digimon is the only kids show to ever exhibit a dominatrix-based character. Her wit, sarcasm, and general hate for her polar opposite Angewomon makes her a memorable character, even though she appeared in only one episode.

3. Bellatrix Lestrange (Harry Potter)-a sadistic, malicious and overall AMAZING woman, Bellatrix Lestrange kills for one purpose: to please her master Lord Voldemort, who she loves. Helena Bonham Carter's portrayal of Lestange in the Harry Potter movies only made the character more crazy and fun to watch. Wouldn't we all want to be someone like Bellatrix? :P

4. Asajj Ventress (Star Wars)-with her long, slender body, seductive looks, and her devotion to the Dark Side, Ventress is a killer made only more lethal by the two red lightsabers she wields in battle.

5. Lady Deathstrike (X-Men)-I much prefer the film's portrayal of X-Men's Lady Deathstrike (or Deathstryke). Her acrobatic moves and adamantium claws make her an altogether bodacious babe, and, as the film shows, a rather tragic one. In the movie X-Men 2, we see that she is being controlled by William Stryker by means of a chemical. She is deprived of any free will, but you can't help but wonder whether she would have been just as lustful and deadly if she were good instead. I, for one, doubt it.

6. Catwoman (Batman)-she is neutral, but her cat-like grace, supernatural powers, and penchant for the exhilarating, not to mention that steamy 'crack of the whip', make Catwoman the ultimate feline. You never know what she's going to do next!

7. The Joker (Batman)-he was always an astounding character, with his pure malice, hatred for humanity, and love of anarchy. Of course, Heath Ledger's portrayal of the Joker in the new Batman movie has only made the Joker more famous, so much so that you end up hating the rest of the movie and are begging for the Joker to come back out and start killing people again.

8. Typhoid Mary (Elektra)-stunningly beautiful, but don't let looks deceive you, for this femme fatale has the remarkable ability of killing people in a matter of minutes just by breathing on them. Her breath induces a deadly disease, which I'm guessing is Typhoid. :P

9. Poison Ivy (Batman)-Just like Typhoid Mary, though from a completely different comics universe, Poison Ivy kills through her poisonous lips, which she procured after her fellow workmate and mad scientist dumped a whole batch of chemicals on her. Well, that's how the movie portrayed it anyway.

10. Lust (Full Metal Alchemist)-an embodiment of Lust, one of the Seven Deadly Sins, Lust appears as a gorgeous woman, bearing a long black evening dress, with the ability to extend her fingers into deadly claws that can cut through anything...even brick walls.

11. Archangel Gabriel (Constantine)-an amazing film, only made better by the representation of the Archangel Gabriel (played by Tilda Swinton), who is trying to free the son of Satan, Mammon, using the Spear of Destiny, so that they can create a hell on earth. She is neutral, with her tall regal appearance matched ever so harmoniously by the hospital patient wrist tags and straitjackets she is wearing as if they were normal attire. The best thing about this particular Archangel Gabriel is that they did not portray him as a man. The Bible itself states that angels are androgynous, lacking a gender, and Tilda Swinton is in fact renowned for her androgynous looks. Of course, in the film, we know she is a woman, but you can't help but wonder why the Angel Gabriel is being played by a woman in the first place. After a while, it all clicks. :P

12. Lucifer (Constantine)-with his white suit, tar-covered feet, and black markings tattooed all around his body, I believe that Peter Stormare's portrayal of the Prince of Darkness has been the best one yet.

13. Darth Maul (Star Wars)-I've noticed that the less you reveal about your villains, the more popular they become, as is the case of the Ringwraiths.This could also be said for one of the best villains ever to grace the big screen. Darth Maul, deadly Sith lord and servant to the Dark Side and his master, Darth Sidious, is seen in combat in Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace. He is a Zabrak from Iridonia, hence the vestigial horns on his head somewhat resembling a crown, and the black tattoo markings all over his body show his devotion to the Dark Side. His appearance is just as frightening and gruesome as the way in which he dies at the end of the film at the hands of Obi Wan Kenobi: he is cut in half.

14. Darth Vader (Star Wars)-even more intimidating and scary than Darth Maul, apart from the fact that Darth Vader appeared on the big screen much before Episodes 1-3 came out, Vader's sleek black suit, unique helmet, and that creepy breathing sound he makes are what made Vader the one villain I would never want to miss seeing when Episodes 4-6 were playing on TV. I still remember adoring that final scene in Episode 6 when Luke Skywalker removes his father's helmet, revealing the scarred body Anakin has hid for so long.

15. Satan (Passion of the Christ)-played by Rosalinda Celentano, Mel Gibson's 'Passion of the Christ' has exhibited another great portrayal of Satan. We first see him/her in the Garden of Gethsemane (spelling?) tempting Jesus. You can not tell whether it is a man or a woman from a first glance, but any sane person could realise that it was a woman. The director said that to remain in context with how angels are androgynous (Satan was once an angel after all), they shaved her eyebrows to obtain a truly genderless appearance. We later see her in the film observing Jesus being scourged at the pillar, holding what seems to be a 40-year-old baby with hair on its back. Mel Gibson also said that this was to corrupt the angelic appearance of a mother holding her child.

16. Uber-Morlock (The Time Machine)-Jeremy Irons plays the Uber-Morlock in the remade version of 'The Time Machine'. Possessing telekinetic powers, albino skin and long white hair, the Uber-Morlock is an eloquent and frightening figure all at once.

Well, that about sums it up. I'm sure there are more, but I can only type so much, and I've also forgotten most of them. :P