Fantasy Authors Unite : Forum : About the Authors

About the Authors

15 Years Ago

Here is the place to post a little bit about yourself. Give us an insight to the writer, so we might understand his/her writing to a deeper level.

About me:

I am a 22 year old Mom and wife. I live in Edmonton, AB with my husband, Alex, of three years and our daughter, Emily, who is 16 months old. I work for Grand & Toy as a customer care associate.

I began writing stories when I was about four. I've never really been able to finish them to the extent I'd like to, but I have a feeling that's about to change. Alex has recently introduced me to playing Dungeons and Dragons, and it's more fun than I ever could have imaginged. Never have I been more inspired. I think D&D for any fantasy author is a great feed for ideas. It really forces the imagination to stretch.

Right now I am working on my first D&D based fantasy novel, Orienla of Rel Devon. I feel that it's going pretty good, and my "editor" is actually my best friend - she's been utterly invaluable. I'm always looking for feedback and suggestions, but don't be offended if I don't apply your advice right away - I'm probably looking for a good way to implement it.

I look forward to hearing what you think, and I look forward to reading your work!

[no subject]

15 Years Ago

Hi,

My name is Rick Puetter.  I'm new to the Writer's Cafe and to this group.  I really bumped into Writer's Cafe surfing the web for places I might put a few chapters of my book, Wizard's Pawns, that I just published as an Amazon Kindle book. Like Rebecca's book, mine grew out of Dungeons and Dragons play.  I wrote the book many years ago, but I just became interested again in putting it out there for people to read.  Rebecca, as an active D&D player, you might be interested in the magic system we used in our play.  Some very clever people that I know dreamt it up and it works very well.  If you read Wizard's Pawns, you'll get some of its flavor.

A few details about me.  I'm 56 years old.  I live in San Diego, CA.  I've been here 34 years since moving from Chicago to attend grad school.  By training I'm an astrophysicist with a Ph.D. in physics.  If you go crazy and really want to see what I do you can Google "Richard Puetter" and you'll find some stuff.  Most of my time these days is devoted to my company, PixonImaging, which is commercializing an image enhancement technique I developed for getting better astronomical pictures. However I still have a position at the University of California, San Diego.  I've been leading walks for over 20 years for a walking group in San Diego, I lift weights, I like photography, I love to read (when I have time).

I look forward to hearing about others in the group and in reading some of your writing.

Best regards,

Rick