Fantasy Gold : Forum : The Tavern (General Chat)

The Tavern (General Chat)

10 Years Ago

Ho, there FG'rs!

This is the place to talk about anything and everything that's on your mind. If your story needs some help or you just burned the brownies, it's all welcome here.

Re: The Tavern (General Chat)

10 Years Ago

RAGGGGGGEEE!!! RAGGEEE AGAINST THE STORY!!! LOL!!! 
So yeah my character Nia who has yet to appear in Tower of God is being a --- well you know to keep my language clean I won't say what is ACTUALLY in my head. But lets just leave it at she's being difficult! *Sigh* She needs to make up her mind I've restarted this chapter like 3 times -.- 
#WriterProblems

Maybe I should just use Silvester's P.O.V instead :/

10 Years Ago

It's cool. I'm on my fifth or sixth re-do of the one I'm working on, and still no luck ;-/

We'll figure it out, eventually. Actually, I've heard that writer's block is caused by poor planning like 99 out of 100 times, and I'm starting to think that may not be far off. Every time I find myself in a pickle, I realize that I'm wingin' it, lol.
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
J.A

10 Years Ago

Hello... need some help...plz i just want to know if my half first chapter is good enough or i must work on it.. just read it : The Rebellion :D

10 Years Ago

Hello Fantasy Gold... Just wondering if any of you have ever lost your writing on this site?? I had 3 chapters and now only have 1... And before that I didn't have anything because all of my stuff had disappeared! I sent WritersCafe a message 2 days ago but they haven't answered. :[

10 Years Ago

@JA: Best way to get reviews is to review. Check out the "Review the Member Above You" thread. @ES: it's a site wide issue. They've fixed most of it, at least...

10 Years Ago

Originally posted by Arutha
It's cool. I'm on my fifth or sixth re-do of the one I'm working on, and still no luck ;-/

We'll figure it out, eventually. Actually, I've heard that writer's block is caused by poor planning like 99 out of 100 times, and I'm starting to think that may not be far off. Every time I find myself in a pickle, I realize that I'm wingin' it, lol.

So true man. Like chapter 1 came EZ peasy. I knew EXACTLY what I wanted for Marc and Calum, and well I THOUGHT I did with Nia. But it turns out I really didnt. So I had to work out her character even MORE. In the end I kinda merged all three of the intro's to give her I don't know... more personality? Meh Idk needless to say I've successfully gotten past 200 words LOL

But yeah i totes agree... I'm pretty sure that's PROB the issue. I feel like I'm doing stuff backwards. i keep editing chapter 1 and now I'm gonna be writing a prologue AND chapter 2 LOL

10 Years Ago

Originally posted by E. S. Lowell
Hello Fantasy Gold... Just wondering if any of you have ever lost your writing on this site?? I had 3 chapters and now only have 1... And before that I didn't have anything because all of my stuff had disappeared! I sent WritersCafe a message 2 days ago but they haven't answered. :[

OMG THAT HAPPENED TO ME YESTERDAY FOR A FEW HOURS!!! I FREAKED THE FREAK OUT! But all my writing came back ^^; It hasn't for you yet?

10 Years Ago

@JA: Best way to get reviews is to review. Check out the "Review the Member Above You" thread. @ES: it's a site wide issue. They've fixed most of it, at least...

I agree with Arutha in terms of the review to get reviews. It's logic that works pretty well.

10 Years Ago

Lol. I just realized something. I'm like the red sheep of the group. My stories are like these weird hybrids of fantasy, leaning closer to sci-fantasy with a modern flare. I havent actually added any writing that was REALLY like purely High Fantasy... well I mean I guess Betrothed is, since it has Fae and Gods. But like even then its less on the fantasy and more on the politics and romance that run the societies. Bleh LOL *awkward turtle*

10 Years Ago

I dunno, Tsukin... whatever your stories are, they're magical.

Actually, I did a ridiculous amount of planning for mine (I have about 15k words just documenting the world and a collection of about 40 characters that are to be the foundation of the thing). I just couldn't seem to make myself finish the timeline or the chapter outline. And it's coming back to bite me, lol.

10 Years Ago

I dunno, Tsukin... whatever your stories are, they're magical.

Actually, I did a ridiculous amount of planning for mine (I have about 15k words just documenting the world and a collection of about 40 characters that are to be the foundation of the thing). I just couldn't seem to make myself finish the timeline or the chapter outline. And it's coming back to bite me, lol.

Lol thanks ^^; 

And omg I can't do that. Chapter outline stuff. I tried it once and it was just too restrictive for me. Having it on paper just seemed too final and deviating from it slightly messed with my head LOL. So it ended up being more of a hindereance than an actual like help for me. And I feel like it made my writing worse. Now on the other hand I plan my WORLDS out to like the nanometer. I can rant about the worlds they're in for AGES. My siblings always get annoyed cause I won't stop for like an hour lol. I love my friend Nicole though she puts up with it and actually seems thoroughly engrossed in whatever whacked out scheme I come up with lol. I can always count on her not going "SHUT UP ALREADY!!!" But yeah, when I write my chapter outlines in my head and considering these things get thought about like 24/7 when I'm focusing on my stories (you know its really bad when I start dreaming about them) my basic outlines get kinda ingrained in my head lol.

Oh. Inspiration~. That's how I'll change Marc's part! hue. Dreams. Heh. Oh this'll be fun~ I should probably edit chapter two's AN, to be all like "yo peeps go check out chap 1 again.. tons of small edits that are actually really important and if you don't pay attention to them well you might get confused later on"

10 Years Ago

WHEEEEE, good friend and I are going to this awesome concert called Warped Tour this year! 

Other than that... gah, need more hours in the day to revise and update my books!~ D: If only sleep wasn't necessary.  Between 2 jobs, racewalking, my friends and the guy I'm seeing I have almost no time to update!

I've also gotten really helpful reviews lately that will definitely be taken into account in my revisions/new chapter versions, yay!

Hope you're all doing well! *runs for more tea*

10 Years Ago

Originally posted by Cher Armstrong
WHEEEEE, good friend and I are going to this awesome concert called Warped Tour this year! 

Other than that... gah, need more hours in the day to revise and update my books!~ D: If only sleep wasn't necessary.  Between 2 jobs, racewalking, my friends and the guy I'm seeing I have almost no time to update!

I've also gotten really helpful reviews lately that will definitely be taken into account in my revisions/new chapter versions, yay!

Hope you're all doing well! *runs for more tea*

Oh I feel you. I'm so glad I'm not in school atm. Got a few more weeks til' spring starts lol. But then it's drowning in school work, VA work, singing etc. It's sad cause 90% of the things I do are like computer based but still i find time is like ripped so quickly from my grasp.

Tea sounds good. I needa drink something to wake up my voice

10 Years Ago

The reason why people think writers are weird:

"omg I REALLY wanna kill him. He's such a B***H! I dont even like him!"
"Then do it! Kill him"
"BUT NO! DEATH IS TOO KIND! IT HAS TO BE WORSE!"
"Then do something worse "
"OH I KNOW! TORTURE THEN CASTRATION AND THEN DOWN INTO A TUMBLING PIT OF INSANITY!"
"No! You can't do that because then they'll pity him! HE'LL BE MARTYR! HE DOESNT DESERVE TO BE A MARTYR!"
"BUT I DONT WANNA JUST OFF HIM EITHER!"
^legit conversation
Needless to say we get some odd looks.

10 Years Ago

Lol, well as conversations go, you're right... it was pretty legit. I mean, scribing death is an art, really. We used to do this thing in school where me and a buddy would walk past some random person, and right as we were passing them, one of us would turn to the other one and go "... then I said, I don't even HAVE a giraffe!" and just keep walking.

10 Years Ago

lol its always when you get to the most awkward position/comment/etc of a conversation that someone who has NO idea what you're talking about will walk by, or in the room, or decide to pay attention to you. 
It totes doesnt help that I'm a fairly expressive person in general soooo everything I do is like 10x the normal like demonstration lol

10 Years Ago

Soooo I started writing some of the prologue for my "Tower of God" Story. ANY FEEDBACK THUS FAR? Interested? Would you keep reading from this if you read it? Does Winnley's distress come out at you?

Prologue             The room was dark except for the faint glow of embers in the fireplace. Winnely sat up in the bed and bit her lip, her ginger hair hanging over her freckled face like a shroud. A cold breeze lightly caressed her exposed shoulder and she looked up momentarily to see that a window had been left open over night. She shivered. The white sheets bunched around her closed fists and to any onlooker it would be obvious that she felt guilty about something. Last night… she thought, did I … ?             Phantom touches and gentle kisses plagued her mind. Memories of the night before. A dazzling smile. Stomach knotting pleasure. A sensation born from within her body that she’d craved like a drug. That she still craved. Her ultimate regret. Marc. It all came back to her and she chanced a glance to her right. Marc. It was true then, the warmth she’d felt beside her wasn’t a dream. It hadn’t vanished with the start of the new day. Oh my -- I can’t -- forgive me -- Marc. She choked back a sob, a traitorous tear trailing down her cheek. Oh god.             It meant nothing.             It never did with him.

10 Years Ago

I'm contemplating a prologue to not just one but two works already in progress myself. One, Traitor Princess, would have the prologue featuring when Xenia is running away (though I'll have to be careful not to give away who she is  so it as a surprise in chapter one for those who haven't read "Fallen Ones" or "Democracy's End")  and a prologue to Democracy's End (possibly a snapshot of a pivotal moment in one of Dremeadow's last Council meetings). Hmmmm. Have to think on that as I send out job apps... add nationally recognized awards from high school to my LinkedIn... and revise chapters.... and train in hopes of qualifying for Millrose  Games or Penn Relays...ahhhhhhhh not enough time in day D:

9 Years Ago

I've been so torn about dropping a prologue in my stories! :( Thing is the one's I'm working on right now are prequels so I sort of figured there's no need for a prologue in a prequel, but still I might toss one in just to see how it works. Experimenting like that can be scary sometimes because you have no idea where its going to go after! >.<

First Page first
Previous Page prev