Fantasy Novel Writers : Forum : to kill the kingdom

[reply] [quote]

to kill the kingdom

12 Years Ago

Today was the first day of my twisted eternity. It was a simple day in the woods that bordered the kingdom of Coventrii and the ever famous kingdom of Camelot. Camelot the magic free horror, with there evil twisted king the foul Uther, and even worse the ever so arrogant Prince Arthur. I had always despised them. Frankly I hated all the crowns involved in the “Anti-Magic” peace treaty but Uther in my opinion is the worst by far. I am Myth, no it is not my real name, but it has been what I have used and preferred since I left my home eight years ago. I couldn’t take it. My mother was an enchantress not the evil kind but the kind that used her power to help and heal. She was an amazing person and she was murdered by an unknown knight following the treaty Uther made. No one believed me when I insisted that it was a knight of Camelot. I saw the crest on his bracelet he was a Camelot knight. But they all just said I was grieving and sent me to my chambers. My father is still alive but he was driven slightly insane. He is highly important in my old kingdom Coventrii. A place I have sworn to never return, because of too many horrid memories and harder expectations. I don’t know why I was remembering my old life on this fate full day, but I was and whilst I was lost in my thought and memory I wandered too far west from my forest home. A beautiful lake stretched out before me. Though it was the middle of fall and the first snow hasn’t set there were snow covered mountains in the back round thousands of sturdy pines and multi-colored oaks surrounded me. The water looked so peaceful and ever still. It drew me in with every sun lit ripple that spread through the glassy surface. So in a spur of the moment decision I dove in. The icy water enclosed me. When I was enclosed in the watery deep I saw it. A flash a simple silver shimmer. A microscopic glint in the murk below. As I broke the surface to take a breath I couldn’t shake the urge to dive below and remove the gleaming thing from the bottom of the very cold lake. I couldn’t fight it, the strong instinctive urge. If I only found the strength to resist I would have saved myself a twisted warped destiny and fate. But I didn’t resist, I dove, down and down into the icy cold water. I struggled against the lack of oxygen. I clamped my eyes shut and shot my hands out. I grabbed what felt like a handle and pulled with all my might. I dislodged the object and swam up. I didn’t even look at my new treasure. I dragged it up to the sand and clasped on the bank exhausted. Slowly I drew my new found wonder to my face so I could see what it was. I gasped in wonder in my hand I held a beautiful sword. I couldn’t believe my ocean-blue eyes! This sword was magnificent! The blade was folded steel inlayed with gold with led rite up into the hilt. Witch was decorated by a thick laid of multi-colored jewels that shone as the sun did. The lettering on the hilt was gold laid on silver it read “Excalibur” and she was all mine. It fit my hand perfectly and it was so light! I spun the blade, and flipped it round. Then I saw it my great wonder and joy turned to white hot fury! On the top of the hilt I saw it. A Crest bearing a dragon the Pendragons, Uther. I through the sword down on the sand. I was appalled. The crowns lowness oozed over every last wonder this world has. And worse yet! This sword probably belonged to his horrid, arrogant, conceded, low life sickness inducing son Prince Arthur. I was so appalled by this. I took the nearest rock and slammed it down on the hilt crushing the crest. After I calmed down and my scenes retuned to me I decided to go back to my cave home in the forest and remove the crest by using fire, thus ridding it of its evil. So I took my old sword from my sheath and studied it for a moment it had served me well in past battles. It had tasted the blood of my enemies and longed for more so I used “Excalibur” to cut some bark from an oak tree I set it on the water and placed my old blade on it placed fire to the bark and set it a drift I looked at it sailing a way and burning out. I drew the dagger from my boot and carved the name Lunae into the tree the name of the blade that now lay at the bottom of the lake. I laughed silently to myself as the bag I carried nudged in all different directions. Lunae was also the name of my beloved wolf pup who was kept in my bag, I told her cutely “Awe dose Lunea wants to leave a mark too?” She poked her head up and wiggled out I picked her up and she swiped downwards with two paws making an “X” on the tree. It was a complete tribute to the blade. So I sheathed “Excalibur” and ran off into the forest to await my future fate. Chapter 2: the fight I was stupid enough to join As I ran speeding through the forest, I came to be impatient. The blemish on my great blade was to be removed this instant and it was still an hour’s journey on foot to arrive back at my cave home in the forest. In my great frustration I stopped near a large old cypress tree. I kicked the branch and the idea literally hit me. The branch snapped back and grazed the bottom of my hunting boots as I jumped over it. Tree travel! Of course I’ve done this so many times before! I hoisted myself up onto the tree limb. And the next and the next finally I reached the top. Then I rocked back on my heels. I launched into the next tree and continued the pattern for about fifty or so trees when I decided to climb down and a few branches, to access the general area I was in. When I heard a rustling sound. I have lived in the forest for years and I knew every sound of the forest and this was foreign. It wasn’t an animal. I heard the faint sound of cloth and chair. The new comers had an off scent too, like fresh cotton wile the forest had the after it rained aroma. I drew closer too the source and I couldn’t believe it! How dare they? How dare they!! Walking through MY forest was two crowns waltzing down the path followed by a black haired servant boy. But something was missing, the clank of metal. The idiots were unarmed! I could simply slip down there and kill Uther a basic case of revenge for cold blood, but if I did I would be just as low as he was and though I do stoop to other levels his was just to low….I wouldn’t I couldn’t. How the hell did I miss that!! Suddenly there were at least ninety men around them. All armed and swords out they laughed as they surrounded them. “Don’t help! Don’t help! Do not help them” I chanted to my self but there was something in there eyes, the prince’s held fear, the servant’s a loyalty, he was going to die protecting them, the king’s held the worse of them all pride he wasn’t going to surrender he would die first. So I waited in the trees sword drawn, waiting for the opportune moment to attack the men who threatened the crowns. I was such an idiot. Lunae shifted out of my pack. “Lunae!” I hissed “no get back in there!” but she didn’t listen she jumped down right next to the boss. “Oh gods Lunae if I die I am going to kill you!” I whispered. The boss man picked up Lunae and said to his men “well men the first one to tie up the king gets to kill the pup here” he threw them a rope and laughed. I jumped down behind him I put the sword by his throat. I stood behind him so his men didn’t see me. “Put the wolf down or I will kill you” he laughed and threw Lunae at a tree Lunae whimpered in pain and I yelled to the men “If you value your lives you will run. If you stay I will surely kill you” I whispered to my captive “you hurt Lunae so you don’t have that option” I slit his throat and the men saw me for the first time. They started to laugh hysterically through the laughter I heard one man say “kill us!! She just a girl! Tie her up with the others she will sell as a servant” another one said “a girl worrier ha who eva’ heard of sump tin’ so stupid” I was mad now so I put the point of my blade in the soft dirt and looked down I could see everything out of the corner of my eyes. Ugly one had a cross bow and ugly two had a short blade sword. As ugly one drew to fire I side stepped him blade through his armor and chest I put a foot on his chest and used him as a spring board to launch myself into a back flip and ripped through ugly two. I went back to position, head down sword point down in the mud. Three more attacked and three more were killed. I fought and fought. Leg sweep, defense, side kick, hilt smash. There were so many. I quickly drew the dagger from my boot and stabbed the men guarding the crowns and servant. I cut the servant free and handed him the dagger “take this and cut the crowns free get behind me and block your ears” I then grabbed my sword and kept fighting when I saw Arthur pick up a sword and fight I turned locked my blade to his hilt and twisted forcing him to release his blade he stared at me with disbelieve in his eyes he was stunned and I had to block two attacks directed at him one of witch got me a nasty cut on my back. “Do you not listen? Get behind me and block your ears!!” I shrieked at him he did. I stood in front of them and let out a high pitched wail. All who herd it were knocked unconscious. “How the hell did you do that you must of killed forty men single handedly!” the servant exclaimed I paid him little attention I walked over to see Lunae wasn’t moving I picked her up an she let out a whimper “ Lunea!” I exclaimed “Your alive oh Lunae” I picked her up and walked over. To the crowns and servant. “I am myth maiden of the forests and who are you” I said to the servant boy “I am Merlin and may say…” he was cut off by the prince of I’m more important than you. “She doesn’t care Merlin I am Prince Arthur of Camelot and this is my father king Uther. Thank you for your amazing assistance.” he smiled and grabbed my hand to kiss it; I pulled back and stepped forward. I put my dagger to his throat and said in voice rocking with hate “the last crown to touch me found his head by his feet. Would you like to join him?” I threatened. “I apologies for offending you” he said I still had my sword to his throat and I didn’t intend on letting him go free. I studied him with great scrutiny he was the enemy. I studied every move his long blonde hair made in the wind, the truth and slight fear in his royal blue eyes, I had to smile at that I loved that he feared me. I slowly lowered my weapon I stepped back a little. And turned around slowly. I secured my sword and dagger and started to climb up a large cypress tree. “Please come back to Camelot with us to claim a reward” the King insisted. I started to laugh and laugh I was practically on the ground when Merlin said “I don’t get it” I stood up and through a hysteric of giggles I explained, “I am laughing because the thought of me in that sexist rule ridden anti magic horror of a kingdom just makes me laugh.” I looked at him and I automatically analyzed him as an enemy because it was then when a man hidden in the trees fired an arrow did Merlin’s eyes change from a pale blue to a warm yellow then back. A sorcerer in the mixed of the royal house holds! Oh this is brilliant absolutely brilliant. “Our kingdom is a haven not a horror” Arthur defended angrily a smile slowly spread across my face. I laughed again just not as long this time, “well then why is it that women can not be given the esteemed honor of knighthood?” I contoured my smile lost now I was mad. “I uh… umm” he stuttered I looked at him with a smug expression “You uh...umm” I mimicked. “A woman isn’t strong enough or noble enough to be a knight” he proclaimed he then nodded his head obviously pleased with himself for figuring it out “Not strong enough? Not noble enough? I just risked my life to save yours killed forty men single handedly and managed to get a sword from your hand didn’t I?” I pressed my voice got louder and angrier with every word I spoke, “I also obviously wasn’t strong enough to resist letting you die, or to not kill you with my own two hands. Because as you can tell I’m not that fond of any crowns especially you and your kind of Camelot crown scum!” I had my hand wrapped around my the hilt of my sword in its sheath ready to whip it out at any moment I walked away turned on my heel and turned back calming myself down. I turned to Merlin “I’m so sorry Merlin” I said “I shouldn’t have reacted in such a way” I bent down and untied my anklet from my foot. I handed him the gold chain it had a large silver wolf charm on one end and a star on the other. “I will come to Camelot some day; will you keep this until I get there? The forest is no place for fine jewelry.” I smiled when he stared at the anklet astonished. “I um uh a re a…I will yeah I will” he stammered through the sentence and I giggled lightly. When Arthur screamed I saw him jump back words, I had my sword out of my sheath before I even saw that the vicious attacker was Lunae. “ Ha-ha oh Lunae please don’t rip the Prince to shreds without me.” she looked at me and then Merlin I saw it in her eyes when they got big and her tongue fell out of her mouth she saw string and she LOVES string. I looked at Merlin he had a piece sticking out of his pocket, and before I could utter a single word Lunae was on top of Merlin ripping at his pocket to get to the string. “ Merlin give her the string in your pocket” he did. Lunae had her string and was rolling around perfectly content. I helped Merlin up. “ So not only do you not give me the chain but you sick you wolf on me!” Arthur said. “If I wanted Lunae to sick you I would be right there ripping your throat out. And I believe I already gave you something dose mercy, saving you, risking my life ring a bell?” I asked anger flaring again. “well I uh” he said I then grabbed a branch and pulled myself up climbing to a place over there heads were they couldn’t see me. “we must find her at once” Arthur said. “ she obviously doesn’t want to be found” Uther commented.” “lets discuss this back in the castle.” Arthur decided he walked away followed by the king Merlin stayed for a moment he finally found the paper stuck to my anklet it read Merlin, “I know you have magic, your secret us safe with me, -myth.” I laughed a his eyes got big and he stuffed the note in his pocket. I climbed off the tree and put Lunae on the path next to me I tied up all the attackers and walked home to my cave palace. (dnt ask wat happend tp the font casue i really dnt know)
[reply] [quote]

Re: to kill the kingdom

12 Years Ago

paragraphs, please? ^^;