Fantasy Novelists Unite! : Forum : Welcome Newbies!

[reply] [quote]

Welcome Newbies!

10 Years Ago

Hi there! New to the group? Why not tell us a little bit about yourself? Here's the place to do it! I'll start, shall I?

My name is Helen, I'm 17, turning 18 soonish. Writing is basically my only hobby, although I love talking long walks and listening to music :). My ideal afternoon would be walking down to the park near my house and sitting under a tree by the pond with my notebook and inventing new places, people or creatures for one of my fantasy books while I listen to music on my iPod. Preferably something melancholy and calming, although I'm not picky when it comes to music. If you want to know anything else about me, please don't hesitate to ask! You'll find that I'm a very open person. :)

So what about you??? Post below! Do it now! :)

Thanks 

- Helen x
[reply] [quote]

Re: Welcome Newbies!

10 Years Ago

Hello my name is Andy Toews I am 18 going on 19 next June, working a low level job and using inspiration and my creativity to write different story's that I seem to enjoy, I like music more of metal, or something with a good beat, it helps me come up with some weapons, characters and custom beings in my own world, so far my fantasy world is a mess and I have been trying to sort it out it gets hard to come up with the story line but I have been coming up with some supernatural event that shape my world, Nightmare the vampire slayer
[reply] [quote]

Re: Welcome Newbies!

10 Years Ago

I'm Nathan, I'm 22, and writing is a hobby for when I've got the time. I'm currently a graduate student, so the time I can dedicate and fully focus on writing can be very spread out (like only getting 1 chapter finished in a month spread out). My main project is a story that I've been playing around with for years, with many starts and stop and rewrites. I've been making my first real push to get it all written since I started my doctoral program (great time to start, right?). Honestly just joined this site so I could get some unbiased opinions of my work, since so far my only reviews have been from friends and coworkers. I posted my main project on the group so let me know what you think. There's more written than what I've posted, and I'll post more of it if people start showing interest in it.