Fiction In A Flash : Forum : Fiction in a Flash Week 1

Fiction in a Flash Week 1

12 Years Ago

Re: Fiction in a Flash Week 1

12 Years Ago

Here's mine for this week:

QUIET HEART

He stood quietly, going back fifty years to the day he first walked up from the white church.  That long climb had been scary, exhilarating...not a word in his vocabulary, nor an admission on his tongue, then.  He had been stoic, determined not to love it.

Now, standing here, his heart was whole again...

12 Years Ago

Don’t Look Back    As I climbed up the hill, I glanced back at the pristine white church. They had just held the funeral for my ma. She had been bucked off a horse and hit her head on a rock. I didn’t dare go along with the parade. I pushed open the cabin door and never looked back.

12 Years Ago

Lengthening shadows were the first indication that the terror was approaching, drawing near, intent on turning lush green grass into scorched earth. The final sunset before eternal night was upon him and he had no escape. Whether he died on his feet or on his knees, he would still die. He had achieved precisely nothing.

12 Years Ago

A very sad story, Lizzie!

12 Years Ago

Wow, Jeremy, how desperate the situation is!  Nicely handled!

This is Bobby's Entry

12 Years Ago

Ancient mist covers the hidden valley floor below the rolling tundra. Sentinels stand ageless to winters fallen snow. Church bells echo in the stymied, crumbling relics fallen to time. The purple haze of spring looms silent over the sleepy foothills vigilant past.