Fight The Tears : Forum : what books, movies, or TV show..

what books, movies, or TV shows make you laugh???

16 Years Ago

I have a few fav's like "South Park", "The Simpsons" and "The Office" on tv. Movies? Parodies from "Airplane" and "Young Frankenstein" to all the "Scary Movie" episodes. As far as books... Lewis Grizzard and Erma Bombeck still make me laugh even though that's from my childhood. Oh... I almost forgot "The Bob and Tom Show" on the radio.. Those guys are insane.

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Love the Bob and Tom show.  Big fan of Douglas Adams.  South Park, Scrubs, Monty Python, Mell Brooks.

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Man, I haven't watched tv in years ... sorry fellas, I just ain't no fun, I guess.

I have watched most of the shows that you both mentioned at one time or another, in fact, I loved Scrubs. Another one that I liked a lot was Grace (under fire?) I liked it a lot.

I guess my kids give me enough laughs, when I'm not laughing at myself anyways. I had to go to the Dr. yesterday, and there I was, running a couple minutes behind, I always have to wait so long at this guys office, I grabbed my book and my water bottle with one of those pull-up spouts .... and I rush up to the sidewalk and dang if my left leg and both feet didn't get wet. I stop and turn around looking for the sprinkler that I walked through ... well, where is it? I don't see it. I take a few more steps, my feet get wet again. I'm getting aggravated by now, I had sandals on and by now I had puddles in them. I stop turn around, again nothing. I see my wet foot prints behind me ... all the way down the sidewalk. I'm totally baffled, but want to get inside before I'm truly late. A few more steps ... I feel more water, I spin around, determined to catch what ever it was playing tricks on me this time for sure.

Well, as it turns out, it's my water bottle just squirtin' down my leg. blush blush, woe is me, embarrassing yes but not as bad as the time I dumped soda in my purse .... three times. lol

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

I was in a bar one time years ago, drunk (surprised?) and making my way through a crowded section. As I came around a corner, a guy was coming through at the same time. I stepped back at the same time he did to allow him to go through ahead of me. When he hesitated, I stepped forward at the same time he did. Laughing, I stepped back at the same time he did and waved for him to pass. At that precise moment, a beautiful girl tapped me on the arm and said. "It's a mirror dumb a*s. You're waving yourself past." I of course left the premises and I don't think I ever went back.

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Sorry, but that's funny! I get a real good visual and I can just see it happening.

It really brings to mind something I did a few months back, but I think I'll quit while I'm ahead. lol