For All Those Teenage Writers : Forum : hm...


[reply] [quote]

hm...

8 Years Ago


Does it occur to anyone that half (if not more) of this group is girls? Does that reflect somehow on just how many teenage writers happen to be girls? Or does it mean nothing at all? hm... thinking (yeah I know it's dangerous)
[reply] [quote]

Re: hm...

8 Years Ago


Women write more because it's an easier way for them to let out thier feelings! Guys (sometimes I am guilty of this) use other methods to let out thier emotions.
[reply] [quote]

Re: hm...

8 Years Ago


Originally posted by Dylan M.
Women write more because it's an easier way for them to let out thier feelings! Guys (sometimes I am guilty of this) use other methods to let out thier emotions.

other methods??? such as?
[reply] [quote]

Re: hm...

8 Years Ago


Well, when I am angry (best emotion to use as an example) I like to go split wood. Just swingin' an axe maul (HEAVY A*S AXE) requires a great amount of energy to swing. Also builds physical strength, exerting physical engeries help some people to let go. Or, I like to shoot clay brids.
[reply] [quote]

Re: hm...

8 Years Ago


Guys like to hit things. It's weird, but that's the way it is. :P

For me, though, writing helps me get all my frustrations out. If I write an angry story it's because I'm pissed off about something. I've tried my hand at poetry, but it doesn't really work as well as a solid angry short story. x)
[reply] [quote]

Re: hm...

8 Years Ago


Guys also enjoy holding sticks, and if possible, swinging sticks. At least from what I have observed of the more masculine gender.  I'm not sure if that's an emotional release or just some sort of extended phallis obsession, however... hmmmm....
[reply] [quote]

Re: hm...

8 Years Ago


i guess cuz girls are less violent and enjoy portraying their emotions on something they can see, thats how i see it anyway! XD
[reply] [quote]

Re: hm...

8 Years Ago


yeh, hitting things is the way to go :D  
[reply] [quote]

Re: hm...

8 Years Ago


I also see that many male writers aren't on writerscafe, but I do agree with many of the recently posted replies. Boys do use their emotions in other ways, but sometimes they might be able to do so in writing. :/
[reply] [quote]

Re: hm...

8 Years Ago


Originally posted by Cole Atkinson
Guys like to hit things. It's weird, but that's the way it is. :P

For me, though, writing helps me get all my frustrations out. If I write an angry story it's because I'm pissed off about something. I've tried my hand at poetry, but it doesn't really work as well as a solid angry short story. x)

Well... I suppose that's healthy....
[reply] [quote]

Re: hm...

8 Years Ago


Originally posted by Rain
yeh, hitting things is the way to go :D  

ha ha. I suppose that's okay. As long as the 'thing' isn't a person... lol
[reply] [quote]

Re: hm...

8 Years Ago


Originally posted by ☪ℒizzard✞
I also see that many male writers aren't on writerscafe, but I do agree with many of the recently posted replies. Boys do use their emotions in other ways, but sometimes they might be able to do so in writing. :/

Yeah. My cuz got angry once and fractured his knuckles because he hit the tree so hard... Maybe not fractured... ugh.. I can't remember what he did... Anyways he hurt himself by hitting a tree when he was angry...
[reply] [quote]

Re: hm...

8 Years Ago


Originally posted by 0_o Abbie

Yeah. My cuz got angry once and fractured his knuckles because he hit the tree so hard... Maybe not fractured... ugh.. I can't remember what he did... Anyways he hurt himself by hitting a tree when he was angry...

Ow! That sounds like it hurt... :S I mean, I have many guy friends that write, but when I tell them to go onto WC, they don't go. They tell me that their not good writers and I challenge them by saying, "If you're not a good writer then why don't you let me be the judge of that?" When I read their writings, it's like mine... though a little bit less better lol! :) 
[reply] [quote]

Re: hm...

8 Years Ago


Abbie, I'd tend to disagree with what most people have said on this forum so far. It just looks like you've stumbled into a nest of a couple dudes who like to hit things. I mean, sure, hitting things is great, but there are plenty of girls who like to hit things too.

It's not that there are more girls because girls are more interested in sharing their emotions through writing - it's that teenage girls have a greater tendency to join groups. At least, that's my opinion. Ayn Rand would kill me for saying that, but I don't care.

Another thing that disproves the "guys like hitting things, girls like writing" theory - it's not about whether or not they write. It's about WHAT they write. Stephanie Meyer considers the Bronte sisters and Jane Austen to be her inspirations. So do COUNTLESS other female authors. However, amongst male writers, the list in hugely diverse, from Austen to Dickens to Chaucer and beyond It's not a stereotype, it's pretty much a... statistic.
[reply] [quote]

Re: hm...

8 Years Ago


I wouldn't give it too much thought. Maybe guys jut choose not to join groups. And i must say, I am a big fan of the hitting things methos of releasing unwanted emotions xD