Garden of Poetry : Forum : Obstacles and Chains

[reply] [quote]

Obstacles and Chains

10 Years Ago

1.       Obstacles and chains This darkness never ends It keeps on prevailing Reviving the colds from the West And I have left my jersey home And my home is far, very far. I am talking about miles from here Look at the sky It was grey and fluffy But now it’s dark and black And the rain is coming through Or I will wait here until it passes But it hasn’t come to pass yet It just lightening, lightening from far Why not go and see Obstacles and chains   Holding me back But I need to decide How far is my home? Never mind the distance But what if it’s heavy? What am I going to do? No one knows me here I am just a stranger in this town But I am innocent, caring and loving. How can I make this people understands me The world has gone crazy And I need to live with it. But here I am Obstacles and chains   Maybe I am thinking too much? Maybe I am overreacting? Maybe these people care? Maybe they have sympathy? Maybe I should give them a chance? Just to prove me wrong But I am scared I don’t know them And they don’t know me too All I know is They are human like me But humans have lost their humanity What must I do? Must I go them and ask for help? Must I wait for the rain to come through? But what if it’s heavy as I see it? Once shy twice beaten. Or must I go home And God will take care of the rest It’s hard to fail to cry Obstacles and chains by Siphelele Nsele