Hail, Horrors, Hail : Forum : What everyone's reading...

What everyone's reading...

16 Years Ago

Lies and Ugliness by Brian Hodge- one of the best collections of short work by a single author that I've ever read. Hodge leaves most living writers in his dust.

www.brianhodge.net

Punkland by Carlton Mellick III-  The sequel to Mellick's debut book: Satan Burger is everything that I've come to expect from the author: sex, violence, childish-surrealism, avant-punk, pop-culture commentary, amazing other-worldy creatures and loads of the wet stuff.  Mellick moves up my list of authors-to-watch every time I get my hands on his work. 

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Just finished "Mirror" by Graham Masterton

Going to start "On Writing" by Stephen King.

what I am reading right now.

16 Years Ago

What the hell am I reading right now? Good question, I am reading an anthology edited by Coach Cullbertson titled Coach's Midnight Diner. If you want more information talk to the Coach himself because I am bringing this guy with to Gothicfest 2007. I am also reading my own anthology, Tabloid Purposes IV because I got some damn good authors in that one. I will read my own anthologies, being an editor and fan of the horror genre. It is a lot of fun reading over something you helped contribute to bringing to life. Tabloid Purposes IV is an anthology of modern horror fiction and dark literary fiction this year featuring some of the most talented writers in the small press including B.L. Morgan Jr. Terry Lloyd Vinson, Ken Goldman, and Casey Gordon.
������I am also reading over a manuscript I am writing right now which is a non-fiction book. Part of that book is posted up on WritersCafe.org as a free preview titled I Want To See You In Black. So I've been busy reading over submissions for an anthology I am putting together so I can donate to schools when it is done. There are a lot of books I have lined up that I am going to be reading -- one of them is an anthology that has a story by August Derleth titled The Dark Boy.

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Currently I am reading Dragon Tears by Dean Koontz. Not sure what I will read next...probably something will come along and grab my attention...always does.

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Currently the last of the Resident Evil series. Then I plan on looking over my collection of stories that has 2 selections from H.P. Lovecraft, and then Warcrft: The Well of Eternity. I'm also surfing Fanfiction.net and resding fanfictions on Silent Hill and Fatal Frame.

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Just got the brand new Edward Lee novel in the mail: House Infernal. So far it's typical Ed Lee which is awesome, his work is always entertaining.

Plus I read On Earth As it is in Hell by Brian Hodge, it is a novel in the Hellboy series. Even though I wasn't a fan of HB before I am a huge Hodge fan, so I gave it a try and it was simply amazing.

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Just got the re-release of Edward Lee's The Pig. Seriously sick s**t!

Also started Steel Breakfast Era by CM3 and The Descent by Jeff Long.

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Hey Everyone.
I am currently reading two books.
"The Taken" by Deen Koontz and "Ghoul" by Brian Keene.
I am really digging both of them. To completely different style writers. Very good stories.