Help For Those Who Want It. : Forum : Anxious

Anxious

8 Years Ago

Well I'm currently unemployed. And I'm hiding the fact that I quit my job to my parents, so they won't ask unneccesary questions or force me to get another job immediately. But everyday, I felt guilty for not telling them. I tell them lies on my schedule everytime they ask "what time is your job" I just wanted to quit. But do I really need a reason to quit? They might think I'm stupid for doing so but every single day, I came home from work, I felt really tired. And my sleeping and eating patterns became way too erratic, causing me to gain few pounds. Its not like I eat alot. I barely even eat anything at all. And because of work, I have don't time for my friends and family, and also, made me unhealthy. So now, I'm just crashing in the public library, reading books, until my "suppose-to-shift" is done.

Re: Anxious

8 Years Ago

You did the right thing by quiting. If your job is causing you so much stress, it is not healthy to keep as it is. That is your reason right there, if you feel you need one. It wasn't healthy for you. If your parents are smart, they will understand and respect your decision. At this point though, they will be upset that you lied, but you have to tell them. It's better to tell them now than later when they find out. Also, I suggest that you take a break from working, but still look and apply for jobs. By the time you get a new one, you should be ready to get back on your feet. I wish you the best of luck and hope my words helped.

8 Years Ago

I agree with Cecile Wonder, if the job was causing too much stress it is very unhealthy to keep it, and that is a good reason to quit. I think it is important to tell them as soon as possible, the more you lie and hide it you will still feel stressed and guilty. Telling them may help lift that off of your shoulders and maybe they will be willing to help you search for a job that fits you better, schedule wise and everything. I hope it all works out for you! 

8 Years Ago

Thanks guys, I told them that I quit my job but I didn't tell them the reason. Now, I'm planning to apply to other jobs, with better time schedule.

8 Years Ago

You're welcome! ^^ well as long as you told them, hope you find a better job for you soon! 

8 Years Ago

i agree

8 Years Ago

I also had a similar experience. What you did was the right thing. However, you have to explain to your parents about it. Keeping silent will not help you at all. They are your parents and if you explain to them about the things that made you uncomfortable with work, they will slowly understand you. 

Just try to open up your troubles with them. Just wait for the right moment. Just a suggestion. Of course, you know them so you can try when to tell them. Quitting from a job that does not make you feel happy is the right thing. What is the point of forcing yourself in a work that makes you feel bad? 

(OOPs... Sorry, I did not bother reading the other's comments. Sorry.)