Help For Those Who Want It. : Forum : Advise?

Advise?

8 Years Ago

Okay... So my best friend, who has already beaten cancer twice ( she has brain tumors) talked to me last night. She was getting really upset and told me it had spread. I asked her what she was talking about, because she had been cancer free for almost a year now. Well turns out, the radiation which is SUPPOSED to help her, made the cancer spread to her uterus. She was just diagnosed with terminal uterine cancer. All I keep thinking is why? Why her? She has always been there for me and we've had each others back, but I just don't know what to do anymore. They said that they could try chemo, but that it looks like its already spreading. I is just not fair. Hasn't she been through enough already?? Can't she get a break? I'm sorry if this sounds just terrible but.......I just can't loose another friend... especially her. She's been with me ever since my guy friend committed suicide. She can't leave me too. Any body have any idea how I can cope. How I can hep her....I'm just so lost and feel helpless...

Re: Advise?

8 Years Ago

I know that is going to sound horribly cliche' of me, but you're not alone here. I know what it's like to watch someone battle cancer. My father had to deal with it, and so far he's been cancer free for about a year or so now. Anyway, one of the ways that I cope with my own illness of schizophrenia (which I know is totally not the same thing) is that I write. A theme that is quite prevalent in my writings is death. And the reason for this is because it helps me come to terms with the friends and family I've lost over the years. I'll spend days or weeks creating very deep and complex characters only to wind up killing them in the most terrible ways possible to the human imagination, all in an effort to understand the grief and pain and sense of loss that comes from that person's death when they were an actual person here in the real world. Sure, I'll change things about the character so that they don't exactly match the person I based them off of, but it's still pretty much the same thing...at least to me. Anyway, another thing you could do is talk with your friend and tell her how you feel, ask her if there's anything at all you can do to help make things easier. Well, I hope that this helps you in some small way. If you need to talk again, the group'll be around for you. Take care.

Lodon