Help Wanted : Forum : How to Use this Group:

How to Use this Group:

8 Years Ago

It appears that people are having trouble with this group. Many of you think this is a place to advertise your writing, beg for views, and spam your writing.

This group is a tool, not a commercial. Please use it correctly.

Don't ask for views and reviews, that is a basic function of the site. Even if you say, "Please read and review my writing to help me make it better." That is STILL the wrong way to use this.

If you were to say, "I'm in the process of writing this X, and X has dialogue. I'm not good at dialogue, and would like help from someone who is."

Or, "I wrote X, but the characters don't seem to fit. Can someone help me with character development?"

Or even, "I just wrote X, it needs fleshed out but I'm not sure how to do that. Can someone help me expand on the story?"

Those would all be okay. But just spamming your mixtapes is NOT.

Re: How to Use this Group:

8 Years Ago

Like the concept as you've explained it here. Sounds like a good use of collective talent. 

Just now getting back into the groove of trying to chase down a good story then cipher out how to tell it. 

I have many weak spots but I believe there may be a couple areas where I might be able to help others, as well. We'll see.

Again, brilliant idea!