Hip Hop Honors: Poems Dedicated To Your Favorite Mc's : Forum : Nas: "Project Pain: Roots..

[reply] [quote]

Nas: "Project Pain: Roots Die"

17 Years Ago

Nas: Project Pain-Roots from a Family Tree do Die

Pops use to say "The World is Yours" until Mom passed away from Cancer and "It Aint Hard to Tell" that my life changed after that. I use to "Dance" with her to old Motown tunes on Saturday mornings when cartoons went off. "I Can" remember Sunday breakfast conversations and Dad always "Made You Look" him in the eyes while talking......It was a sign of respect...A lesson I learned from them is "Life is What You Make It" and "If I Ruled the World" there wouldn�t be so many "Ghetto Prisoners" all over the Globe.....MOM DEAD AND DAD LOST..........I miss them both and expected "Big Things" in this "Small World" and I know somehow...."We Will Survive" and "Represent" better for humanity on this tainted planet...God gave me this hand and my "Undying Love" to be raised in a two-parent home was destroyed by .............A SHARP PAIN IN MY MOTHERS CHEST AND MY DAD NEVER GOT ANOTHERS DAYS REST.......this wasn�t the "Life We Chose" and I just knew that "God Love Us" but now my faith is as strong as HOT ICE....Now I look out my "Project Windows" in a "New York State of Mind" thinking that "Life's A B***h" and then you die that�s why I get HIGH cause you never know when your going to go...."Some of Us Have Angels" but my wings fell off so you can "Hate Me Now" because I "Shoot em Up" with "Quite N****s" daily...My "Last Words" not even "Nastradamus" can predict as I sit here with this "Du Rag" and bad attitude....I hope that mom is in "Heaven" next to "The Cross" because I'm a "Street Disciple" with an "Illmatic" mind...sick in the head. Thinking back on "Memory Lane" I know I'll never be the same....dad isn�t the same...the hood never changed...mom rest in peace as I continue to go INSANE.....