Advertise Here Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

I'm Under 18 Years Old, I'm A Writer, And I'm Proud. : Forum : I have problems finishing what..

I have problems finishing what I start

1 Year Ago

I've always had problems finishing my work after the first few chapters. After a while I'm just like, its too boring or no one will ever want to read this s**t, and I stop. Is there kind of like a solution to this kind of stuff? Cause I want to write. But when I pick up my pen, or my hand hovers over the keyboard of the laptop, or the writing pad of my phone, my mind just goes blank.

Re: I have problems finishing what I start

1 Year Ago

I have the same problem. One day I get an idea, and I'm super exited, writing furiously, but then the next day, it's just like the magic is gone, and my mind is blank. Wish I knew how to solve it, but I don't. :(

1 Year Ago

Stare at a wall fore a will. I'm serious. As for no one reading it did you now that is a fear. If you white a story i will read it promise. As for ruining out of mojo relaxes if you ruses your self the ideas will come faster but you will also lose interest faster. 

1 Year Ago

Thanks @Drak(hope i spelt it correctly) for promising to read anything i write. I'm working on something now but it's a little bit far from being finished, or even getting to the middle. And Ember, I'm glad I'm not the only one, I always thought I was.

1 Year Ago

I have the same issue and always pay attention for advice on how to finish stories. The most common thing I've heard is that you must finish at least one story. It could be the worst thing you've ever written, but it is important that you complete it. This way, the next time you feel stuck with a story, you know that you posses the power to finish it. Also I am sure that your writing is not boring or disinteresting, its just that when you write something and re-read a bunch of times it seems boring because you are reading the same thing over and over. Hope this helps! 

5 Months Ago

I suffer from the same issue. I have so many unfinished projects, it's insane. Usually it's after I reread what I write, I'm like, "This is horrible. No one would read this," and I stop. The only thing that really helps me is just, well, experiencing things, if that makes sense. Sometimes I'll be somewhere with people, observing things, and a theory to finish a story pops into my head. Plus, I think writing out a brief storyline and plot before actually diving into the story will help. 

Keeping myself busy usually helps as well because throughout the day, I'll be thinking about what I have to write, and when I finally get to it, its that little surprise you've been waiting for all day. When I'm doing nothing, however, it's like I'm forcing myself to write, which isn't fun.

Everyone works differently-- these are just things I've picked up!