Inspiration Here : Forum : I believe introductions are in..

I believe introductions are in order~

13 Years Ago

Just tell a little about yourself and what inspires you most.
For me:
My name is Aimee and I live in the a*****e of the world- Brazil, Indiana. I'm going to school in the fall for creative writing and I've been writing since the age of 11-12ish. My idols are Poe, Byron, and Patti Smith. Beautiful moments and images tend to inspire me most.

Re: I believe introductions are in order~

13 Years Ago

My Name is Christian, and I am from Pennsylvania. I am a freshman English lit major at Elizabethtown College. My largest inspirations are Poe, Frost, Rimbaud, Neruda, and Merrill. I mostly write poetry which is inspired by the music I listen to or awesome images. Thanks for the invite to the group Aimee!

13 Years Ago

my name's bob. i'm 60 yrs old. been writing since i was in my teens. i've had a lot of influences over the years, beginning with e.e. cummings and  lawrence ferlinghetti. the writer i've come to admire most is richard brautigan, a somewhat obscure writer from the 60s who wrote wonderfully simple stories full of magic, weaving words in patterns like i've never seen before. i strive for simplicity in my writing. using as few words and as simple words as possible to say what i want. verbosity irritates me, so i guess i'd better quit this introduction before i start irritating myself.

13 Years Ago

I am Patrick from Allentown, PA.  I have a BA in English with a concentration in Professional Writing.  My favorite writer is John Updike.  I also enjoy the works of Ayn Rand.  I do not get to use the degree in my career, so it is fun to write on here.

13 Years Ago

My name is Fabian and I'm an alcoholic...Ooops...wrong group! lol Just kidding. I'm a poet from the Appalachian Mountains of North Carolina. My favorite writer is Jack London. My favorite poet...oh, I have so many! I have worn out my copy of The Complete Poems of D.H. Lawrence...as well as copies of The Complete Works of Edgar Allen Poe and The Complete Skakespeare. Some of my other favorites are John Donne, T.S. Eliot, Emily Dickinson, anything by any of the Bronte' sisters...including Wuthering Heights ( I hate that Heathcliff)...Ralph Waldo Emerson, Henry David Thoreau (the whole transcendental movement)...more recently, Loren Eiseley and the naturalist E.O. Wilson. I love nature and writing about it. But I write about a variety of topics...my education as well as my tastes are...to say the least...eclectic. I've learned as much in these mountains as I ever learned at college and quite a few things they didn't teach there. I believe, when it comes to poetry, in the mantra of Thoreau; "Simplify. simplify!". I like my writing to be easily understood and I love a good rhyme. I hate a forced rhyme however or a hokey sounding line...if it's put in the poem just to make it rhyme...it's probably better just to leave it out. My poems are often layered with several different meanings that correspond to one another and compliment as well as support one another. I research almost every subject that I write about except personal experience. It's very nice to meet all of you.

13 Years Ago

Welcome, everybody! :D I'm so glad to see you guys here! X3 I'm also really excited to see some of you already writing stuff. I also noticed that a bunch of you have different influences, so that'll be really interesting to see how you have different takes on the same image!
I'd post more, but I'm really tired. XD