K12 HS Creative Writing Club : Forum : Monthly Assignments!

Monthly Assignments!

12 Years Ago

I think that we should post all the monthly assigments from the club. So for the November meet: Warm-up: We were to write a story on a picture given. The picture showed a young boy being chased by a dinasour on a pathway inbetween trees. We were timed for 5 minutes.   Assignment: Write a story where your character is observing something from a distance. Included imagery, and explain things so that the reader can taste, feel, hear, and smell everything that is going on.

Re: Monthly Assignments!

12 Years Ago

Um I'm new to this website how do we post our writings and is that our assignment for novemeber 16

12 Years Ago

Hello!
where can I chat with other creative writing members?

12 Years Ago

Originally posted by lemon16
Um I'm new to this website how do we post our writings and is that our assignment for novemeber 16

Hey Lemon,

I feel incredibly odd calling you that but it is a cool username~ Anyhoo. 
In order to do so your going to have to write something first [ Points For Being Captain Obvious, here ]. What I mean is under the writing tab which should be at the top of your screen on the webpage-  " Writing ". Click it, > Add Writing> Your going to see something that says " Select Your Writing Type." ( Poem, Story, Screenplay, Etc ) Select whatever applies to your piece of writing. Just continue down the page selecting and filling out whatever they ask you! It's pretty simple. Make sure you SAVE it. 
When you've finished all that- Go back to the group page. Somewhere on the front page of our group, it's going to say " Add Writing."  Click it and then select the piece of writing you want to add! Done.

Hopefully that made sense.

Apple Pie And Cider,

Aisha 

12 Years Ago

Originally posted by ~Dragon X
Hello!
where can I chat with other creative writing members?

Hey Dragon,

I felt all macho saying that. Anyway- I'm not really sure about CHATTING ( IM ) but you can send private messages to other members! Just click their name and somewhere to the right in that box of options you're going to see- " Send a Message!" CLICK IT! You know you want to. It'll give you that whole " email " format feeling. From there, it's pretty straightforward.

Peace,

Aisha

12 Years Ago

I think it keeps it more organized if we keep it in the "Writings" section. I put the Project # in my description, and then described what the assignment was in my Author Notes.

Otherwise, it might work if there were separate threads for each assignment (Ie. Warm-Up 1: Self Poem, Project 1: Story about Picture, etc.)

Warm-Up: The "assignments" that are completed in class before the official project is given to us.

Project: The piece that we are to create between live sessions.

12 Years Ago

ok, um what do we do again? I didn't understand. And what day and time do we meet back? and if it doesn't show up on my schedule to go to the club, can I have a link? Ich werde mit dir reden später!!!!! :)

12 Years Ago

Originally posted by Gail
ok, um what do we do again? I didn't understand. And what day and time do we meet back? and if it doesn't show up on my schedule to go to the club, can I have a link? Ich werde mit dir reden später!!!!! :)

Hey Gail,

That last sentence was.... I'm not sure. Aha.... Anyway. I'll make it simple.
• The original post explained it pretty clearly. Write some type of piece in the view of an outsider ( Someone looking in from the outside. Like... A little boy standing outside in the snow.. watching a family celebrate Christmas in the morning.. Haha. Cliche, isn't it?) Be descriptive. 

** I will message you with the link and info tomorrow morning. Haha, hopefully I don't forget... I doubt i will though ** 

Soda Pop,

Summer

12 Years Ago

The last line was "talk to you later" in german :P okaii, thnx

12 Years Ago

Originally posted by Gail
The last line was "talk to you later" in german :P okaii, thnx

Sorry. One day late on that message. I sent it though. Haha, okay~ :)

Afwan habibti- Salam,

Aisha.