Krytical Verse : Forum : Reviews

[reply] [quote]

Reviews

12 Years Ago

I agree with the moderator of this group that reviews have become more of a pandering to the writer to achieve more points for yourself and to give better (%) reviews so your own numbers go up just to achieve some measly batches. I will do my best to uphold my standard of giving real, honest reviews to all poets that I come across. Thankyou for creating this group and I am glad to be a part of it.
[reply] [quote]

Re: Reviews

12 Years Ago

I would like to see more critical reviews of my own work (hey, we all want more of that, right?), and would also like to be honest in my own appraisals of others' works, too. I'm hampered by a lack of knowledge/ understanding of what constitutes 'good' poetry.

I see poetry the same way as I see art: as a highly subjective -- and often highly emotive -- field. I may not know much, but I know what I like... and I also know that tastes vary. "Variety is the spice of life" -- I think someone famous said that, once...

I'm fairly new here, and very conscious of the danger of causing offense. I can be a bit of a pendant, and I know nobody really wants one of them hanging around ;)
[reply] [quote]

12 Years Ago

And I agree too.. It's the same reason why I haven't got a Top Reviewer badge. I used to give a lot of negative crits (Constructive nonetheless) and ended up getting a lot of thumbs down. I review only a small circle of people now, who accept such good crit, or a piece I really love, where there aren't too many fallacies.

I still find WC to be a good poetry sharing site. Everypoet/pffa is an awesome site for crits. Their tag line says it all! But it's a workshop site and they expect 3 crits for every posted poem.
[reply] [quote]

12 Years Ago

Tell you what I'll friend you guys and I'll accept your own critical reviews. Thanks for your input on my post; it's good to know there are others out there who share my desire for crucial feedback.