Laughing Limerick : Forum : Welcome everyone! How about i..

Welcome everyone! How about introductions?

15 Years Ago

I'm Susan Sackinger.  Modulator of this fancy pants poets society!  The moderator went out to lunch and I'm what's left. 

I love limericks. They express an aha humor that has almost faded from the culture of...  well...  the world.  They're gentler than slapstick, less shocking than shock humor, more uplifting than bigotry humor and they go good with milk and cookies.

I write in all genre's that I can tolerate.  That leaves out anything that fills the page with fight scenes.  It also leaves out: really mushy stuff, angst poetry, hard core horror, hard core terror, and stream of consciousness--because I'm not.

OK, your turn!

Hello, fellow poets!

15 Years Ago

Hi, I'm Sharon Miller Bolander known on some sites as Peggy Paris.  My writing goes across the board although I have personal perimeters I do not cross.  A few of my poems have been published as has a non-fiction article.

I'm retired from working but not from life.  In addition to writing, I love gardening, nature, travel, my hubby, and my two cats although not necessarily in that order.

I've written many limericks in the past and look forward to going back into that genre once more and am anxious to get to know more of you who enjoy the same.

[no subject]

15 Years Ago

OK all you lurkers!  I see 42 views and only 2 people listed.  I know writers are miserable  little people who stare at white screens until their eyes bleed but this stop is a no brainer.

Come out, come out where ever you are!
And sigh-n in.
Susan